Siblings Page 2

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th August 2014, 3:39 PM BST
Quote: Geffers @ 11th August 2014, 12:41 PM BST

GOTCHA! It suddenly came to me when I read your post "Siblings" - you're Alfred E. Neuman's young sister!!

Nice idea! I grew up with Mad Mag and Alfred E....

It's Zazie from Zazie dans le Metro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW-i3v9ZJNA

Charlotte Ritchie is so good.

Quote: blahblah @ 27th August 2014, 7:59 PM BST

What do people think about the 2 leads both being hapless and not very nice? Do you think it's hard for the audience to get behind their plight? Or do you think it's more realistic that the leads aren't simply good?

It's marginally better than the protagonist of How Not to Live Your Life who was utterly repulsive and yet the viewer was occasionally supposed to root for him. The fact that it was Dan freaking Clark did not help in the slightest!

So yeah, I'm getting a similar vibe from Siblings, only there's two of them and they're somewhat less annoying. This comedy is in desperate need of decent recurring supporting cast to even things out.

I watched the first episode and wasn't incredibly sure what to make of it. There were definitely some funny bits, so that's good! I'll keep tuning in and hopefully get more into it.

Sorry for the double post. But I've watched up to the latest episode now and I do enjoy this. I think it's much better than the Jessica Knappet show (Drifters) which got a lot of praise.

Many things have been taken from Peep Show, but that's not too bad.

A solid 6/10

This show hasn't been too bad, enjoyable in parts but last nights was awful, not believable even for this (Dan willing to practically kill himself) and then very predictable (saw the fact it wasn't that guy who kissed her but Dan coming whilst I was still watching Cukoo).

And his two mates were just annoying unauthentic pricks with no comeuppence.

I like this show. It's more fun than funny, but I do hope it comes back. I've seen the whole series in two days!

I really enjoyed the series too. Really don't care for the cringe-factor, but the jokes are a wonderful punctuation to the otherwise realism.

Charlotte Ritchie has been a real revelation, too. She's way underused in Fresh Meat.

I got to episode 5, watched the first 10 minutes or so and then just gave up and switched it off. I just couldn't take the brothers character any more. I gave this show a chance as I was pretty harsh on the first episode. But whereas Charlotte Ritchie grew on me a bit I just cannot stand the brother. I stick with what I said before about him. I just cannot see any redeeming features in him. He just seems stupid for stupids sake. I'm afraid I am done with this show and will not be watching anymore. Pity because I thought it had improved by episode 3, but for me it just went down hill again.

I watched the first series one after another this past weekend. I agree with many of you that it was funny and it had a certain charm... but, I think the series overall just relied too heavily on the cringe factor and that was at times quite annoying.

I liked that it was a tight cast, it wasn't like there were 100 minor characters with only one or two lines clogging up the storyline.

I thing Snrub made a good point about Dan going to prison but still acting like he does... it didn't make sense to me that. The prison bit was, I think, thrown in to flesh out the character... but we never see him deal with it.

I think, if really pondering it, the charm of the series is that we as the audience can sit back and watch these awful things happen (to the neighbour, to the intern, to the students) and our unlikeable heroes just shrug them off. It's done in such a way that doesn't stimulate our anger, but gives us a little thrill through the cringeworthiness of it.

Did we find out why he went to prison?

Quote: Aaron @ 10th October 2014, 12:50 PM BST

Did we find out why he went to prison?

No, they never said. Could be from stealing pick-and-mix

Hi everybody,

How and where can I download all episodes of this brilliant comedy?

Thanks

Unless you can find it on Netflix, iTunes or similar, you can't - not legally, anyway.

Shouldn't this have come back for another series by now?