Please settle family argument

Please can anyone help to identify an old TV sitcom/series about an egotistical pop star and his long-suffering entourage - it's definitely not the one based on Private Eye's 'Celeb'. It was allegedly based on the behaviour of a then-very popular singer, and I remember it was broadcast several years ago. Am accused of imagining it, but I'm sure it really happened ...

Did Harry Enfield star in it?

Don't think so, but memory of it is hazy. Can I add that the singer on whom it was allegedly based is still going strong, but not as omnipresent, so it must have been 80s onwards.

It rings abell, late 90s/early 00s, just one series. But I can't think who starred. If we could get that, you can find out the name of it. Jimmy Nail?

Er, who was that singer?

Rings a bell with me too, but.............

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 5th October 2014, 1:11 PM BST

It rings abell, late 90s/early 00s, just one series. But I can't think who starred. If we could get that, you can find out the name of it. Jimmy Nail?

Ummm, did think maybe Crocodile Shoes, but perhaps not.

Could it have been that brilliant series with Robbie Coltrane? Not exactly a sitcom, I know...

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th October 2014, 1:32 PM BST

Rings a bell with me too, but.............

Ummm, did think maybe Crocodile Shoes, but perhaps not.

I think I was thinking of the film Still Crazy

Quote: beaky @ 5th October 2014, 1:56 PM BST

Could it have been that brilliant series with Robbie Coltrane? Not exactly a sitcom, I know...

Tutti Frutti?

That's the one.

Parents Of The Band was the Jimmy Nail one!

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 5th October 2014, 2:13 PM BST

Tutti Frutti?

Great series - NOW only £6.80 post paid. Bargain!!

See Amazon product listing

Harry Enfield was in the Private Eye, one Celeb.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th October 2014, 3:01 PM BST

Great series - NOW only £6.80 post paid. Bargain!!

See Amazon product listing

Complete with magnificent caricatures by John Byrne.

Roll Over Beethoven (1986) with Nigel Planer and the fragrant Liza Goddard? Think it was written by Marks and Gran...? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnoqGBjTH3Q

Just watched Liza in antiques road trip thingy. She is a great comedy actress.