Joan Rivers Page 3

Quote: AngieBaby @ November 15 2010, 10:38 PM GMT

I was quite surprised that there wasn't a thread already for this amazing lady.

At 77 Joan is as sharp, cutting and funny as ever. She's been in the biz for years, had some personal problems but still comes out fighting.

I watched her 'A work in Progress' recently and have the so much respect for her. Who knows where her career could've gone if Johnny Carson hadn't ruined her chances at NBC?

I agree she is one of my favourites

:D
Now to look for a Jackie Mason thread :)

I see she's just been rushed to hospital.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/28/joan-rivers-rushed-to-hospital-after-she-stopped-breathing-during-surgery-report

And now she's dead. :(

Just heard on Radio 4 - RIP

Rip Joan Rivers

Quote: george roper @ 4th September 2014, 10:01 PM BST

Rip Joan Rivers

Now, she WAS a legend...............George.

She was due to be in London for shows too.

Some people had tickets.

RIP Joan Rivers - the woman who was right about Obama but sufficiently diplomatic not to say where the bodies had been buried prior to 2008.

RIP

Looked 81. Must have had worked done.

RIP, a very funny lady.

I had the pleasure of working with her once.
A very funny lady with unbelievable energy for any age, let alone hers. Oh, and incredible heels!

You've all just prompted me to watch about an hour of different Joan Rivers clips. Such a funny lady :)

My already-considerable respect for Joan went up several notches when she suggested that, with the divorce statistics what they are, some of those 911 widows must have jumped for joy when they husbands were killed and they got (up to) $7 million apiece in compensation.

The very best comedy is often based upon unpalatable and unspeakable truths.

Quote: AngieBaby @ 15th November 2010, 10:38 PM GMT

I was quite surprised that there wasn't a thread already for this amazing lady.

At 77 Joan is as sharp, cutting and funny as ever. She's been in the biz for years, had some personal problems but still comes out fighting.

I watched her 'A work in Progress' recently and have the so much respect for her. Who knows where her career could've gone if Johnny Carson hadn't ruined her chances at NBC?

Well the racist bag of Zionist fertilizer is rotting in Hell now. Wave

Joan Rivers: Palestinians deserve to die, they started this war http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1110864/Joan-Rivers-Palestinians-deserve-die-started-war.html

I always love when people critique racism by being racism.

You're being ironic aren't you.

Quote: sootyj @ 2nd October 2014, 9:54 PM BST

I always love when people critique racism by being racism.

You're being ironic aren't you.

She openly supported genocide & an ongoing illegal occupation in Palestine.
If pointing that out makes me a "racist", I suppose the next insult you'll hurl at me is that I'm an "anti-semite" too....

Wave