Stephen Fry Page 19

Did stephen fry in the early 80's tour in a sort of public school lads comedy review thing? I only ask as I was at art collage (Falmouth) and for some reason the Student union arranged a for this lot of comedians to perform and I was sat in the front, enjoyed it ok enough, but as is my want, I didn't fall about laughing. Especially during a guy who certainly looked a lot like stephen fry did sketch where he wore a top hat, and explained about brain function while scooping bits of his brain out with a spoon (out of the hat and eating them!)lots of wiggly legs etc. The next year the same lot came back and I noticed the same guy pointing me out to the other performers, I suspect as the sour face bugger who didn't laugh at him last time....was it him? though I must admit quite a few Oxbridge guys look the same at that age..

Has anyone read his latest book? I only ask because I heard he was pretty critical of Alexei Sayle and Robbie Coltrane in it and was wondering what exactly he said. I can find no quotes on Google so just a general gist so I don't have to shell out on the book would be good :)

Quote: Lee Henman @ January 16 2011, 4:23 PM GMT

Has anyone read his latest book? I only ask because I heard he was pretty critical of Alexei Sayle and Robbie Coltrane in it and was wondering what exactly he said. I can find no quotes on Google so just a general gist so I don't have to shell out on the book would be good :)

I don't remember the Sayle stuff, but about Coltrane, all he said was that he liked him when they did a show together in the eighties, though found him a bit scary; but that in a later interview Coltrane said he and Hugh Laurie were arrogant and looked down their noses at him. Said they still get on when they meet but he's never brought the interview up with him.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 16 2011, 4:30 PM GMT

I don't remember the Sayle stuff, but about Coltrane, all he said was that he liked him when they did a show together in the eighties, though found him a bit scary; but that in a later interview Coltrane said he and Hugh Laurie were arrogant and looked down their noses at him. Said they still get on when they meet but he's never brought the interview up with him.

Ah! Cheers Stott.

Super smartarse Fry brags "oh aren't I clever. I snorted coke at the Palace."

No you're f**king not you c**t. Firstly because it's not big taking drugs and secondly at the Palace. Ha f**king ha. Take away all his honours for taking the piss.

Smug bastard!