Newbie needs a little help from her friends

Hi all,

I am an absolute newbie to this so apologies in advance if I get this totally wrong. My name is Omara and I am based in Solihull, West Midlands. I am involved in a charity called Socks and Chocs that supports the homeless (www.socksandchocs.co.uk) by collecting donations of socks, chocs and items such as sleeping bags, gloves, hats and between September - December is our Big Push when we up our fundraising game. All people involved in Socks and Chocs don't claim a salary or any expenses - we all give up our time because homelessness is an issue we feel passionate about and we know we can't change the world but we want to make a difference.

We were thinking about organising a comedy night to raise some funds to buy sleeping bags this year - our 2014 target for sleeping bags is 1000 but we are only at just under 300 so some way to go and I was hoping that this is where you guys might be able to help/support us.

The event would be in Birmingham City Centre (venue yet to be decided) but I understand comedians commitments on weekends so we were hoping to do this on a weekday night (date yet to be confirmed. We have all the necessary equipment/lighting/pa system.

As mentioned, we don't have a budget so we would be relying on the generosity of comedians to help us but EVERYTHING raised from ticket sales and bucket collections etc would be spent on purchasing sleeping bags that will be distributed to homeless shelters around the country.

We understand this is a big ask but if you would be willing to offer some support to a very real issue or you can give me some advice on how to go about organising this, I would be eternally grateful.
We won't be able to change the whole world but we will definitely be able to make a difference to some people.

Any questions, comments, advice please feel free to comment and apologies again if I've missed something and some information seems vague but I am trying to get some idea of interest plus I am a newbie!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
Mara xxx