NewsRevue again! Page 114

Yes, well done everyone! Does anyone know if they send out similar lists for the Edinburgh shows? Also, I saw an email saying cheques were on their way, has anyone got one? Thanks!

Quote: Bonzo @ 1st September 2014, 7:18 PM BST

Also, I saw an email saying cheques were on their way, has anyone got one? Thanks!

Not yet, but I had an email from them yesterday asking for my address, so I guess they'll be on their way in the next couple of days.

Quote: Dantrobus @ 1st September 2014, 7:38 PM BST

Not yet, but I had an email from them yesterday asking for my address, so I guess they'll be on their way in the next couple of days.

Quote: MrBoombastic @ 25th August 2014, 7:11 PM BST

Quick question

Are you supposed to send material to mail@canalcafetheatre.co.uk or directly (pardon the pun) to the director??

The email on the NewsRevue website is mail@newsrevue - do I have to send the above canalcafetheatre address, too?

[Also, I saw an email saying cheques were on their way, has anyone got one? Thanks!
[/quote]

I've had a cheque but I think it was for the previews and a couple of sketches I had on in June. I've emailed to ask for a breakdown but haven't heard back yet.

Also, just spotted this on the Leicester Square Theatre website; they're putting on the Edinburgh show at the Museum of Comedy on 13 September:

http://leicestersquaretheatre.ticketsolve.com/shows/873518922/events?TSLVq=90218ca3-53cd-48b0-884d-8367c05a2387&TSLVp=fcd97739-9392-4799-9988-e6979b971a10&TSLVts=1409684788&TSLVc=ticketsolve&TSLVe=leicestersquare&TSLVrt=Safetynet&TSLVh=103888f293e3f02bd784b530188d345c

The cheques now are more than likely for the previous run, not the run just finished. Or at least that's how it often used to work. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it's changed now.

Also, payment for the July previews is added to the Edinburgh payment as one lump sum which writers will receive in early November.

Well I had an idea for a sketch but I couldn't be arsed to write it.

Basically Joan Rivers in her coma hears people talking about an 81 year old woman being kept on life support.

She rants about what a waste it is trying to keep someone that age alive and to switch her off - then she realises it's her.

Make it into a gag and send it off Chappers.

I've not been sending anything lately but did send a sketch today, not sure if it's a bit late on a Wednesday but off it went anyway.

@MattFishwick

I sent my first few sketches to mail@newsrevue.com and got a response saying I got added to the writers list ages later from mail@canalcafetheatre.com. Not sure how it works.

Better off asking through mail@canalcafetheatre.com as that seems to be the most active account they're on.

I've told Matt before that I think both the mail@newsrevue and mail@canalcafetheatre addresses go to the same people. I can't be bothered to search for the email but pretty sure that this is what they told me earlier this past year after I'd been sending to both of them so they'd been getting 2 copies.

EDIT: so my advice would be to send to the news revue one that they publicise on the website, and then use the canal cafe one and directors once you're on the list and they say to use that...

When they send emails on Thursdays asking for last minute VOs, I usually just reply to that email. But I think JD is right - they all go to the same place.

I wasn't successful for the 1st episode of Series 11 of Newsjack but it seems I made the show on my first week of submissions.

As no one else has posted the credits, I thought I would:

NEWSREVUE
RUN NUMBER 6
WEEK NUMBER 1
DIRECTOR: Brendan Matthew
MD: Richard Baker
CAST: Amelia Newbould, Joe Leather, Tamsyn Kelly & Luke Coldham

TITLE WRITER
British Bake Off Medley Cast
Voice Over - Girl with Uzi Danny Atrobus
Assaulted by Cliff Drew Payne
MSN David Crawford
ISIS clicktivist part 1 Danny Atrobus
Panda Pregnancy Chris Bartlett
Voice Over - Scottish Flu John McGlade
Tinder Mark Collier
Educating The East End Drew Payne
Downton Anachronism Chris Moore
Voice Over - Gonorrhoea Alice Gregg
Prince George's Awards Barry Mcstay
I Just Can't Wait to Be King Jim Daly
X Factor Returns Alice Gregg & Andy Flood
Ebola Tombola Emma Gallagher
ISIS clicktivist part 2 Danny Atrobus
No Crime'ere Noel Christopher
Channel 4 Programming Barry Mcstay
Boris Space Station Luke Coldham
Making it worse for Migrants Neil Tolfree
Lorry Seems to Be the Hardest Way Cast
Voice over - ADHA John McGlade
Naked Celebrities Luke Coldham
SASS Cast
Pee off Scotland Mikey Jackson
Gazza NR run 5 Cast
Charles and the Ice Bucket Challenge Matthew Fishwick
Voice Over - JK Rowling bought Scotland Jane McCutcheon
Terror Threat Chris Moore
French Crisis Alice Gregg
Ed and Justine Brendan Matthew
Bardarbunga Richard Baker
The High Cost of Living Drew Payne
Voice Over - Kiev Andy Gilderdale
Referendum Medley Cast

well done Newsrevue is no pushover

NEWSREVUE
RUN NUMBER 6
WEEK NUMBER 2
DIRECTOR: Brendan Matthew
MD: Richard Baker
CAST: Amelia Newbould, Joe Leather, Tamsyn Kelly & Luke Coldham

TITLE WRITER
Calais Medley Geoff Aymer, Luke Coldham
Voice Over - Jack the Ripper Richard Woolford
Ebola Tombola Emma Gallagher
The Agony of Being Cliff Drew Payne
Off to Sunny Spain Mark Hibbett
MSN David Crawford
Prince Charles Ice Bucket Challenge Matthew Fishwick
Panda Pregnancy Chris Bartlett
VO - Putin Noel Christopher
Bake Off Medley Cast
Queen and Philip Amelia Newbould
Downton Abbey Trailer Cast
Making it worse for Migrants Neil Tolfree
Educating the East End Drew Payne
Shot Through the Heart Simon Levenson
Voice Over - Kiev Split Down the Middle Andy Gilderdale
Pee off Scotland Mikey Jackson
Supplying Weapons to Iraq Jenny Andrews
Boris Space Station Luke Coldham
David Attenborough Royal Wildlife David Crawford
Voice Over - ADHD John McGlade
SASS Cast
Naked Celebrities Luke Coldham
Demon Chippy of Walford Rob Fisher
New X Factor Judges Gethin Alderman
ISIS Branding Mark Hibbett & John Drudge
Voice Over - McCann Andy Gilderdale
Tinder Mark Collier
Wizard of Scots Luke Coldham
French Crisis Alice Gregg
Voice Over - Scottish Flu John McGlade
Bardarbunga Richard Baker
Gazza NR Run 5 cast
High Cost of Living Drew Payne
Referendum Medley Cast

Quote: sootyj @ 30th September 2014, 11:35 AM BST

well done Newsrevue is no pushover

Thanks. I think I'm getting better(ish) at this writing stuff. Eye of the beholder and all that.

Sorry, a bit cheeky but trying to get over a fit of pique at having nothing in Newsjack again this week I thought I might try submitting elsewhere. Are NewsRevue and the Treason show looking for stuff still?
I appreciate that they both look for songs more than sketches, but having not seen either show except for a couple of YouTube clips (Exeter is a fair old poke from Brighton & London) can someone please explain what else they want i.e. what form does the Voiceover take and what is it usually about?

Thanks in advance

Chris