Brit animation project

I am all new here. But dare I plug a new online British comedy animation for grown-ups - TheBruvs.com Hope some of you like it. The dominance of US animation is a bit sad over here. I know The Simpsons, Family Guy and others are world leaders and are at the top of their game.But there must be room for a Brit animation on the same lines. Sort of sitcom. Cost is the killer. TheBruvs is all new, just starting, finding its feet and is being made on an absolute shoestring - or less. Real spare time stuff. A bit violent, a bit sweary... Two episodes up at the moment. A new one very soon... then one a month roughly. You can watch it, Like it on facebook and follow the lead characters on Twitter. Thank you. That plug once more: TheBruvs.com

Some very nice drawings. But the scripts and voices aren't so good. Sorry.

Voices aren't great, but the scripts are functional.
I like the animation is deliberately crude.

As said - early days. And done on a shoestring. Numbers 3 and onwards might please you more. Thanks for the comments and for watching. Don't give up on TheBruvs just yet.

Wonderful artwork. Acting passable. Scripts slow and obvious, I'm afraid - speed everything up by about 60% and I might not have time to predict everything that's going to happen. Some promising stuff, though.

:)

I thought the illustrations, voice acting and animation were really good. I agree with what others have said about the scripts though, they could be better. At the moment, they're essentially stand alone sketches with the same set of characters. For it to work, I think the pay-offs need to be bigger.

As far as the visuals go, It's really well done. The animation's good and there's enough variations with the camera to keep the eye interested. Well done, and good luck with it!

Just out of interest, which program did you use to animate it?

I agree with all of the above: the drawing and animation are excellent, but the scripts are essentially one drawn-out joke that everyone can see coming because you spend so much time on it. Look at Family Guy, the jokes come fast and furious, you hardly have time to laugh at one before the next comes along. In a way, your elaborate visual style, although very pleasing (I speak as a cartoonist) is your own worst enemy, as it'll involve a huge amount of work to illustrate a fast-moving script. That's why the American animations that you'd like to challenge are so simply drawn: look at the Griffin family compared to your Bruv family. My advice is to spend a lot more time on an elaborate, joke-filled script, and drastically simplify the drawings, so you can keep up with it.
Good luck with your brave venture!

Thanks all for the comments. All points noted. As said, early days. And all on a tiny shoestring. Trying to establish the characters at the moment. The US shows have a dozen writers, three dozen animators and lots of money. We are three..and that's about it. Things pick up a bit in eps 3, 4 and beyond. More visual gags to come. Again, thanks for the comments. Why not subscribe (for free) to the YouTube channel and you will get first alerts on the new films. Number 3 is up now. Thank you.

Episode 3 - Still same good points (the drawings) and bad points (the script, the voices). The joke was predictable.

Maybe paste a hyperlink?

This should link through http://www.thebruvs.com/

Dirty Rotten Egg - I will get the program details for you.

Again - thanks for watching. Thanks for the comments.

I liked it. The animation is really good. Would make good cut away sections in the middle of a sketch show I reckon.

Thanks Danphobic. Dare I say - that's how The Simpsons started. As said, early days. We are working as hard as possible. On a shoestring. So please spread the word - Watch, Like on facebook, follow on twitter and tell others... Thank you again for all comments.

I liked them and can see the potential and as everyone has said better scripts/jokes would really bring them out and you don't need money for that just imagination. They remind me of Hale & Pace d management sketches.

Thanks again for all comments.
In reply to Dirty Rotten Egg... This is how it is done: The animation is drawn with pencil on paper in the age old traditional way, the drawings are then scanned into the computer and coloured up in Adobe Photoshop. These coloured stills are then sequenced in Adobe After Effects. The After Effects 3D Camera is then used to composite the moving animated sequences with the still background elements allowing 3 dimensional environments to be created. The edit of sound and visuals is also done in Adobe After Effects and outputted as a high resolution Quicktime Movie.
Hope that helps. It is still a very slow, time consuming job.
Please keep watching, Sharing, Liking... and for more gags from Doug n Den you can follow their Tweets....Thank you.