Scottish Comnmunity Drama One-Act Playwriting Comp

Play on Words Competition 2014- 2015

The Playwriting Committee have launched our next International POW Competition with a closing date for entries of 30 September 2014.

Reading Panels of experienced volunteers will be in action from October to December assessing the submitted scripts before a short leet of the top plays is drawn up for sending to our Principal Judge in the New Year.

New recruits to our reading panels will be required - please contact H.Q. or the Playwriting Convenor if you would like to offer assistance as a reader/assessor for this Competition.

Prizes will be presented and the three winning plays will be performed as either a rehearsed reading or a full performance by SCDA clubs at the Play on Words Gala Evening in November 2015. Copies of the winning plays, and any plays that receive special commendation, will be held in the SCDA National Library and will receive publicity in Scene magazine.
Plays written in other languages and dialects (including Gaelic, Scots or Doric) are welcome but must be accompanied by an English translation.

Prizes
• 1st Prize £500
• 2nd Prize £300
• 3rd Prize £200

Entry Fees: £12 per script for SCDA members or £15 for non-SCDA members. (discounts available for multiple entries)
Not a member? Apply for membership now and you can enter POW 2014-2015 using the members entry fees.

Closing date for entries 30 September 2014

ENTRY FORM CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM http://www.scda.org.uk/playwriting.php

12 poonds to win 500 poonds, who came up with this, Alexander Salmond.

Who's he?

Your mum.

Entry fee? No thanks!

Please yourselves. Isn't there always an entry fee for comps?

Quote: keewik @ 23rd August 2014, 8:40 PM BST

Please yourselves. Isn't there always an entry fee for comps?

NO! And being Scottish I'd have thought you were aware of that!

(Apologies for potentially racist comment.)

Doesn't sound to me like a profit making venture Chappers :) maybe post this op in the 'Scriptwriting Why bother' thread where just this kind of opportunity has been touched upon, Keewik.

Quote: Marc P @ 23rd August 2014, 9:39 PM BST

Doesn't sound to me like a profit making venture Chappers :)

The entry form has the gift aid box and charity details on it.