Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy - Series 2 Page 2

this guy is got to be the worst (if you want to call him a comedian) guy that ever made a TV show as his shows are utter garbage and not funny ,,,what a waste of time,,,he should stick to his day job train spotting,,,as he and his crew are not worth watching as they are mince,,,,what is TV coming today letting these part time useless unfunny clowns loose with theyre own TV shows,,,,,noel fielding is one of my top 3 crapiest actors or whatever anyone wants to call him,,i just think he is not worth my time,,,,his shows are garbage,,,and that goes for his co actors,,,,,what do people see in this crap

just be straight with us... do you like him or not?

Nice first post.

I like the commas. I assume that each of those indicates you opening your mouth to say something, then closing it again as a wave of repulsion weashes over you at the thought of Noel Fielding. Nice to have some proper apoplexy here.

For the record, I thought the first series was overall not entirely convincing, but there were parts I liked a lot (Fantasy man; the record producer fish; Donne's flea). There were ill-thought through parts that dragged or annoyed, and as with all Fielding stuff, there was a little bit of time wasted on lower VI stuff about cool trousers and painters he's heard of and all that, but I still stayed the distance. I have a strong feeling that this 2nd series will be a lot better.

This Family Guy cutaway comes to mind when watching this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=q6TRVXG4kQE#t=14

This type of surreal comedy is very hard to pull off

Vic and Bob managed it very very well on the whole for 20 years

If you get it wrong...

Ohh it's bad

Very bad

Quote: lofthouse @ 31st July 2014, 11:00 PM BST

This type of surreal comedy is very hard to pull off

Vic and Bob managed it very very well on the whole for 20 years

Matter of opinion that. I'd say they got away with it for 20 years. There is a line between absurdist brilliance and childish nonsense. V & B were rooted firmly in the latter but were lucky enough to be the only ones on mainstream TV doing it.

TMB were trying to be more surreal. Visual art was employed. They can claim the surrealist thing more than V & B. It's not my thing but Fielding at least believes in it and his effort is quite admirable, he's playing virtually every character himself it seems.

Quote: gappy @ 30th July 2014, 10:02 AM BST

I have a strong feeling that this 2nd series will be a lot better.

Clearly I was wrong. That was pretty dire. It was like a cross between Sean's Show and Spatz, but a long way from either. I'll give it another episode to see what happens, but it looks as though they've taken all the most interesting stuff out, and replaced it with internet whackiness. I imagine more people will like this, but it was just tired to me.

I liked the joke where Noel says he won Smooth in a game of cards but that was about it I'm afraid.

The episode centred around Paul Panfer yet none of his scenes were humourous or interesting. The exchanges with the various characters to determine which one he would get rid of - again failed to raise a smile.

I am a fan of Noel Fielding and love The Mighty Boosh but so far this is neither funny nor particularly interesting.

I think moving it toward more of a narrative is the right thing to do, but last night's episode wasn't very funny. I think the character of Paul Panfer was very weak and it dragged the show down because it revolved around him so much

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 1st August 2014, 10:47 AM BST

Matter of opinion that. I'd say they got away with it for 20 years. There is a line between absurdist brilliance and childish nonsense. V & B were rooted firmly in the latter but were lucky enough to be the only ones on mainstream TV doing it.

Opinion of course

But IMO

Big Night Out - brilliant
Smell of Reeves & Mortimer - brilliant
Bang Bang, it's Reeves & Mortimer - brilliant
Catterick - Brilliant
Shooting Stars - mainly brilliant

This started with five minutes of fourth wall breaking, ramble that was ironic maybe in Shakesperean theatre. A joke free script, Noel thingumy has no comic timing, neither does anyone else in the cast. But then how can you time a script with no jokes, comedic structure or anything. If Aliens intercepted this show, then they would kill and eat us as we would never be able to convince them intelligent life existed here. And the awful graphics looks like like an attempt to weaponise migraines.. This programme like a poem by the mad emperor Nero or the fevered poetry of a vision laden nun, is proof of end days and the end of civilisation.

I didn't like it.

Quote: lofthouse @ 1st August 2014, 8:26 PM BST

Opinion of course

But IMO

Catterick - Brilliant

Rolling eyes Your critical faculties are amazing, Lofty. What broadsheet do you work for?

Quote: sootyj @ 2nd August 2014, 12:04 AM BST

I didn't like it.

Nor did I but feel sorry for Fielding in a way as his credibility must be shot to shreds after an even worse edition of a strange mess of a show. He clearly is not seeing it the way most viewers are.

Quote: lofthouse @ 1st August 2014, 8:26 PM BST

Opinion of course

But IMO

Catterick - Brilliant

...conveniently missing out "House of Fools", I see.

I quite enjoyed the second episode. Much stronger than the first I thought. Stronger story with the wonderfully surreal aspects interwoven very well with the story.