DVD Bargains Page 77

I thought about buying the OFAH to save some shelf space but:

a. I wouldn't save much and

b. more importantly, my complete collection in their individual DVD cases look nice on the shelf!

Quote: Oldrocker @ 10th March 2014, 3:03 PM GMT

What are these 'new' BBC box sets I saw in HMV today?

They have a common design in maroon and grey and include OFAH (1-7), OAH, Two Ronnies Complete, Blackadder complete remastered etc.

I haven't been able to find them on t'internet yet.

I think they might be HMV exclusive boxsets.

Quote: G180e @ 11th March 2014, 3:39 PM GMT

I think they might be HMV exclusive boxsets.

Ah! That could explain why they've not been seen online anywhere. Good thought.

Quote: Aaron @ 11th March 2014, 6:27 PM GMT

Ah! That could explain why they've not been seen online anywhere. Good thought.

They might be shop exclusive or limited editon. Strange no ITV ones though. I saw a couple in CEX and That's Entertainment!.

Bit of an update.

I went back to HMV to look. No mention of HMV on the boxes. They are copyright BBC Worldwide with various dates but all the artwork is copyright 2 entertain 2013.

One I noted, OAH I think it was, is BBCDVD3893 but I can't find it through Google.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 13th March 2014, 10:18 PM GMT

Bit of an update.

I went back to HMV to look. No mention of HMV on the boxes. They are copyright BBC Worldwide with various dates but all the artwork is copyright 2 entertain 2013.

One I noted, OAH I think it was, is BBCDVD3893 but I can't find it through Google.

Even though it doesn't say HMV on the box, I think you'll find they have been made for Distribution in HMV stores only and not through online sellers as of yet.

This video clears up all the speculation about whether those boxsets are exclusive to HMV. At the end of the video it states they are exclusive to HMV.

Ah, brilliant. Well found, Greg. :)

Nice one!

Ugly design for the box sets...nice clip show!

Available through this site . . .

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000MGB0XI/comedyguide-21/

Tonight I saw Open All Hours - Complete for £10.99 and Blackadder Remastered for £14.99 in, you'd never guess, Homebase !

Quote: Oldrocker @ 10th May 2014, 12:35 AM BST

Tonight I saw Open All Hours - Complete for £10.99 and Blackadder Remastered for £14.99 in, you'd never guess, Homebase !

:O Homebase must be fan of comedy!

:) I thought I would just mention that Network DVD are having a half price sale on their TV comedy tiles. The site address is www.networkonair.com

Quote: marac @ 22nd July 2014, 5:15 PM BST

:) I thought I would just mention that Network DVD are having a half price sale on their TV comedy tiles. The site address is www.networkonair.com

Thanks for this! Some absolute bargains that I will be purchasing forthwith.