Lewis Macleod Wired News Page 2

Quote: mikemcc @ October 28 2013, 2:55 PM GMT

So I shouldn't, at this point, say that I would like to hear it more regularly?
Was going great guns on The Football Special. Dead now.
:(

Ha ha - not yet! I had just found The Football Special this season and got on a good run so in a similar boat to you - a real shame.

Quote: The Producer @ October 27 2013, 11:21 PM GMT

In summary (and this applies to all 3 of us):
- Build up lots of writing credits/get involved in a podcast
- Networking with the above to refer to...
- ...results in someone seeing something I wrote that they really like
- Write more stuff they really like
- Name plus a bit more new stuff gets put forward to production team
- Invited to send stuff to show

So the "usual" way really!

Aren't you being a bit coy here?
What we really want to know is - was the key moment when you got Lewis to voice an episode of Kirrin Island, or does that get the cause/effect relation the wrong way round?

My Wife went up to him in a pub after Newsjack & told him all about Kirrin Island, and invited one of his voice performer friends aboard.
Then the Producer & Script Eds took it from there & networked away.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 31 2013, 2:35 PM GMT

My Wife went up to him in a pub after Newsjack & told him all about Kirrin Island, and invited one of his voice performer friends aboard.
Then the Producer & Script Eds took it from there & networked away.

Knowing Steve's wife and having a podcast is indeed the secret to comedy success. There needed to be stuff in existence beforehand, including a podcast, and new stuff written afterwards that was as good, and the other things I mentioned. But ultimately if Ange was not Ange none would have happened. Lesson is that everything else can be in place but you still need that roll of the dice to come through (or Ange)

She's come a long way since mistaking a producer for a waitress.

This is back today for a Commonwealth Games special: 1.30pm on BBC Radio Scotland.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radioscotland

Full series next year, hurrah.