New guy :)

Hi
new to the site, my name is Phil and like 1000's before me trying my hand at stand up! A little back ground I have spent a lot of time over the past 3 years watching stand up from the great (jimmy carr)to first time newbies.

Being in the south east, first comedy club was "hecklers" at the west end centre in Aldershot some 4 years ago, a good club which has a varied amount of acts on the rise. from this I got the bug for live comedy and have seen a few headliners in the basingstoke anval.

More recently I have been to a small comedy club in haselemere run by "mirth control comedy" which is a kinda once a month newbie acts with some regulars all good fun.
Also attend the Folly ale house once a month comedy night in Peters field, was very lucky to see Alistar Barrie, headline hear earlier in the year :)

Currently have written a couple of scripts/material and in the process of trying to remember it all before trying to climb on stage, I wrote 2 scripts with the idea one was minus swearing and universal for mixed open mic nights and the other a little ruder (nothing to heavy) for a comedy club evening. I have taken the time to view open mic nights in london like "lions den" but was wondering if anyone would recommend a specific venue for a first time comic in and around London, or south east of England were I am based.
Thanks for taking the time to read hope you are all having a great weekend
:D

Someone else might be able to advise on the right venue but in the meantime ...welcome aboard the board :)

hello Phil Wave