Facebook Page 79

I deactivated my account a couple of weeks ago and am surviving without it. I kept going to select the app on my phone, for the first few days, but then I got over that.

There's an option in the settings where you can turn off the console base or something? But it basically turns off all the bloated bits, like games as well as website integration (meaning it won't follow you around the web).

I went back on Facebook after several months off it, but I've deactivated my account again after less than a week. The endless racism, attention seeking and my inability to stop clicking on it every five minutes doesn't seem to have changed, so I'm sticking with Twitter.

I can only cope because my FB feed is very customised - so many people try to litter my wall with nonsense.

My personal favourites are the passive aggressive updates "Joan now knows who her real friends are" etc.

Quote: Ben @ 19th June 2014, 2:48 PM BST

I went back on Facebook after several months off it, but I've deactivated my account again after less than a week. The endless racism, attention seeking and my inability to stop clicking on it every five minutes doesn't seem to have changed, so I'm sticking with Twitter.

Is that you or your friends who are racist?

Is that facebook's fault? Maybe you should choose your friends more carefully.

Quote: Chappers @ 19th June 2014, 9:04 PM BST

Is that you or your friends who are racist?

Is that facebook's fault? Maybe you should choose your friends more carefully.

It's more distant friends who are very anti-immigration. I could just go on a mass cull, but I'll just use Twitter instead as it never irritates me.

Am I evil in being pissed off with posts about 'my gorgeous girl' ie. Somebody's one-year-old wean which has taken its first steps?

No.
Parents are 95% sickening.

:)

Quote: keewik @ 18th July 2014, 9:10 PM BST

Am I evil in being pissed off with posts about 'my gorgeous girl' ie. Somebody's one-year-old wean which has taken its first steps?

Sorry - do you mean little 'un?

There is a lot of crap on Facebook - apart from my Dad's 1939 diary (75 years) which I'm finally up to date with. The war breaks out on 3rd September..

Quote: zooo @ 18th July 2014, 9:22 PM BST

No.
Parents are 95% sickening.

:)

I was/am a parent but I'd have gouged out my own eyes rather than bore people like that.

Quote: Chappers @ 18th July 2014, 9:28 PM BST

Sorry - do you mean little 'un?

That's right - 'wean' (Scottish and Irish) as in one which has been weaned (but pronounced 'wain')

Quote: keewik @ 18th July 2014, 10:09 PM BST

That's right - 'wean' (Scottish and Irish) as in one which has been weaned (but pronounced 'wain')

I think Chappers kind of knew that, he's just being what we call in Ireland a bit of a gamadan ;)

That's a bloody good word. Must remember and use it. Maybe it'll catch on here.

Though I write it phonetically as I've long forgotten the correct spelling and can't find a bleedin' fada anywhere.

What's 'fada'? I need to know all this in view of my Irish ancestry.

Quote: keewik @ 18th July 2014, 10:09 PM BST

I presumed it meant wee one.

As in still wees all over the place.