'Allo 'Allo! Page 3

Vicki Michelle always was and still is the most stunning of all the girls in the show.

Quote: Chappers @ October 31 2013, 9:24 PM GMT

Vicki Michelle always was and still is the most stunning of all the girls in the show.

I prefer Francesca Gonshaw ("...wen I wos leettle...") so no rivalry there... ;)

With the sad passing of Sam Kelly, thought I would resurrect this post.

I have been searching unsuccessfuly for the answer to this question, which I am sure has been answered many times

What does Sam Kelly character say instead of "Heil Hitler!", and why does he say it? It sounds like "kloop".

You'll find it at any one of the following links: https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001518/sam_kelly_actor_allo_allo_porridge_barbara_dead_70/ https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/allo_allo/trivia/ http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27851420

And it's because Hans is a bit slow and doesn't like Hitler much anyway.

I thought it was just the end of it....

" 'tler".

I watched the pilot again on UK Gold on Saturday. It is awesome; first time I've seen it 'as a writer' and it's so well-written.

Plus my two-year-old sat there and laughed along with me. 'Wanna watch 'Allo 'Allo!' now every morning.

:)

Dan

You must surely always have seen it as a writer, Dan?

No. I wanted to be a footballer back then...

Dan

So what? If I wanted to be an astronaut, that wouldn't make me one. You were always a writer, surely?

Not if he was about 12 at the time and not concerned with analysing plot, structure, character voice, etc, but rather with laughing.

Alright -- first time I've watched it since learning how to write comedy properly and understanding the structures and rhythm therein. Is that better?

It certainly doesn't trip off the tongue as easily...

EDIT: Thanks, Aaron. You writed it mucher betterer.

Dan

Maybe it'd be better to pretend you were always a writer? Just trying to help...

On the strength of this thread I'll rent the first series and start from there. I did find it funny in the 80s but thought that the series went on for far too long at the time and some of the jokes were laboured to the point of collapse.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 1st July 2014, 6:29 PM BST

Maybe it'd be better to pretend you were always a writer? Just trying to help...

Thanks, but I wasn't. I don't think there's any point in pretending, but maybe that's my personal view.

Dan

I have now watched episodes 1-5 of S1 and yes, from a (wannabe) writer's point of view they are excellent. The first episode outlined all of the main characters, of which there were a great number, with consummate ease and the plot soon zinged along with aplomb. The performances are fantastic and the comic timing is spot on, as you'd expect really.

I'll probably watch the first couple of series and then give it a break for a while. I still believe that this show really suffered from having far too many episodes and lasting for years longer than the actual Second World War ever did. I suppose the idea of including a 26 episode run in the middle would have made sense in regard to selling the show to the US, but I don't think that it really works in Britcoms.