Carly Smallman on being called an ugly lard arse Page 3

I really can't believe hoe many of you are actually slagging carly off your so nasty about her!! yeah I am a massive fan of hers she's my inspiration. I used to get bullied about my weight alil the time I hated it I tried everything from self harm to suicide, so I Feel very sorry for carlyshe really doesn't need your bullshit yeah she maybe over weight she still is a human being with feelings she is gorgeous and an amazing comedian so why judge her yeah she made an article about the experience but hasn't people in magazines such as take a break they have personal stories why not hate them they also get paid for there stories at the end of.the day carly all you need is love from the right people your boyfriend loves you for who you are and so does your family oh and of course me aha just love life to the max and be who you are and want to be which is a great comedian and put it all behind you for everything and most importantly yourself keep up the good work from your best fan on twitter @WardDouble love you carly

I just said she held her guitar in a comedic manner. I doubt it has anything at all with her waistline. My twanging in public has often not been met with approbation. I try and take it on the chin.

She is a perfectly normal, not unattractive, looking women; doubtless well out of the league of the sad-arses who made the comments; this really had nothing do with her looks. Haters just look for weakness; women are more insecure about their looks, so that is the angle of attack they use. The issue is not about being sexist, it is about being a failure as a human being. All that self-loathing has got to be redirected somewhere.

Anyway, the article gives an excuse to link to this:

Isabel Fay - Thank You Hater!

Quote: wardy @ 16th July 2014, 6:13 PM BST

I used to get bullied about my weight alil the time I hated it I tried everything from self harm to suicide...

Did you try diet and exercise?

Guysss, give it a rest. It's not a competition to see who can be the biggest c**t.

I really can't believe hoe many of you are actually slagging carly off your so nasty about her!! yeah I am a massive fan of hers she's my inspiration. I used to get bullied about my weight alil the time I hated it I tried everything from self harm to suicide, so I Feel very sorry for carlyshe really doesn't need your bullshit yeah she maybe over weight she still is a human being with feelings

Not one person on here has slagged Carly off for her weight or looks. We have, quite rightly, slagged her off for her shameless self promotion and cynically exploiting her minor situation to garner support and sympathy.

I'm sorry you were bullied at school, it obviously had a disastrous effect on your education and in particular, grammar and punctuation.

Thank you for reminding us that Carly is a 'human being', I was massively undecided until you confirmed her sentient life form credentials.

As you are her biggest fan on Twitter, please let us know when another non-issue creeps into her life and how best we can support her through that crisis.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 16th July 2014, 7:07 PM BST

Not one person on here has slagged Carly off for her weight or looks. We have, quite rightly, slagged her off for her shameless self promotion and cynically exploiting her minor situation to garner support and sympathy.

Er, that was mostly you.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 16th July 2014, 7:07 PM BST

I approached Carly and asked her to write that article to help highlight what is a growing problem for female performers and presenters (ref: Mary Beard et al too).

It is also worth pointing out that Carly was already heading to Edinburgh with a fully formed comedy show before Viral Tap and the abuse started - but she has opted to change the topic of it to tackle head on some of the issues the abuse has caused her (which I think she bravely explained within the article).

I think you owe Carly a public apology.

Quote: Mark @ 16th July 2014, 8:32 PM BST

I approached Carly and asked her to write that article to help highlight what is a growing problem for female performers and presenters (ref: Mary Beard et al too).

I think you owe Carly a public apology.

Dear Carly Smallman, I'm sorry Mark from the BCG forced you to write a dull and unfunny article about a hackneyed subject in which you came across as a helpless victim who genuinely believes Twitter abuse only effects one gender exclusively.

I'm also sorry that I'm being forced to apologise by the site owner for expressing an opinion about a stand up comic. I'm sorry you're not a male comic, because if you were, I wouldn't be forced to apologise at all. That's the funny thing about sexism, it only effects one gender.

In future, may I suggest writing something intelligent, funny and original pertaining to a controversial subject, there would be a much smaller chance of me criticising it and hopefully, an even smaller chance that I'd be forced to apologise for criticising it.

I'm also sorry that your article was incredibly similar to the Miranda Hart article on Twitter abuse and female stand ups - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1346441/Comedienne-Miranda-Hart-hits-comments-appearance.html

I'm also now sorry for reading the BCG Newsletter and commentating on it on the BCG Forums. Won't be doing that again.

Now that everyone is wrapped up in cotton wool. I'm going to take a break from the BCG.

Bye!

Wave

I really can't believe hoe many of you are actually slagging carly off your so nasty about her!! yeah I am a massive fan of hers she's my inspiration. I used to get bullied about my weight alil the time I hated it I tried everything from self harm to suicide, so I Feel very sorry for carlyshe really doesn't need your bullshit yeah she maybe over weight she still is a human being with feelings she is gorgeous and an amazing comedian so why judge her yeah she made an article about the experience but hasn't people in magazines such as take a break they have personal stories why not hate them they also get paid for there stories at the end of.the day carly all you need is love from the right people your boyfriend loves you for who you are and so does your family oh and of course me aha just love life to the max and be who you are and want to be which is a great comedian and put it all behind you for everything and most importantly yourself keep up the good work from your best fan on twitter @WardDouble love you carly

Welcome to the BCG. I am afraid you have not caught us on a good day, but it does get better.