Hello (again)

*PEERS IN TENTATIVELY*

Hello? Remember me? Used to hang about this place (mainly in critique)? Didn't think so, it's been a while (f**k me, looking at my last posts it's been years).

Anyway, hello to all - old and new - hope you're well.

I never really introduced myself properly first time round in any case - I was then fresh out of university and passing the time from studying to employment.

Looking for guidance on how to write comedy, I ended up here. Following an initial period of failure (but encouragement from other members that I was on the right track) I had some limited but regular-ish successes with The Treason Show and NewsRevue, which was a great feeling (some sketches, but mainly songs). I also managed to get some jokes through to Watson's Wind-ups and the short-lived 118118 joke service (OK, one joke). As for the rest, a tumbleweed of embryonic sketches litter the back-streets of the forums. I even met a few of you at a BCG meet in South London.

So where have I been? No, not in a coma, prison or stranded on a desert island - I had professional exams so took a break to cut out distractions, got engaged, married and a quick break from the forums lasted longer than expected. Though I did pop by a few times.

That said, I still value my regular BCG newsletter and the TV and radio guides which are part of life's essentials.

In terms of comedy tastes, a few examples include Graham Linehan's Black Books and The IT Crowd, Hebburn, Rev, The Now Show and Adam and Joe. Sadly, my comedy is not yet even remotely comparable to any of these. Though I can do voices/accents/impressions that seem to amuse people.

So hello once again, and look forward to talking comedy, posting in critique, possibly collaborating, etc. Or none of the above. In which case, see you in another four years!

Wave

Hello Robo welcome back now stick something in critique you lazy arse

I remember meeting you Rob0! You turned up with two girls! What a guy!

Welcome back! I used to be Leevil EllieJP back then! Wave

Quote: Badge @ 1st October 2011, 12:19 AM BST

Rob0. What happened to Rob0?

Ah, that's what happened. Welcome back Robert Zero.

Quote: sootyj @ 29th June 2014, 1:00 PM BST

Hello Robo welcome back now stick something in critique you lazy arse

:D As you wish - but remember, you asked for it!

Glad to see you've gone from strength to strength with your freelancing in the meantime.

Quote: Ben @ 7th July 2014, 10:56 PM BST

I remember meeting you Rob0! You turned up with two girls! What a guy!

Oh yes, the meetup in a S. London pub. Hah, you make it sound like quite some night! I'm married to one of them now.
How've you been Ben? If I recall, you were part of sketchwriting trio with David Bussell and Matthew(?)? Still doing that?

Quote: Lee @ 7th July 2014, 11:42 PM BST

Welcome back! I used to be Leevil EllieJP back then! Wave

Hey Lee. My brain still adds the "vil" btw. I'd lose the "0" but it wouldn't let me.

Quote: Badge @ 1st October 2011, 12:19 AM BST

Rob0. What happened to Rob0?

Quote: Badge @ 8th July 2014, 11:08 AM BST

Ah, that's what happened. Welcome back Robert Zero.

Hi again Badge! Nice to be missed (only took a year before someone noticed!)

Quote: Rob0 @ 8th July 2014, 9:43 PM BST

Oh yes, the meetup in a S. London pub. Hah, you make it sound like quite some night! I'm married to one of them now.
How've you been Ben? If I recall, you were part of sketchwriting trio with David Bussell and Matthew(?)? Still doing that?

I'm not bad, thanks, Rob! I retired from comedy writing a few years ago, but I had plenty of fun along the way.

That meetup was a long time ago now. 2008!

Welcome Back Me Old China.