Alan Davies: As Yet Untitled Page 2

I felt it ended on a weak episode. Ross Noble was great, I thought.
I suppose that's the risk with just an improvised conversation.
I think DAVE should commission a week of shows every two months.

Just watching the Ross Noble/Josie Long/Liza Tarbuck ep. Try as I might, I just cannot bear Josie Long which probably dates back to her live appearance at Boring 2011. She just comes across in an annoying manner IMHO.

I like can't like stick her like either :(

Isy Suttie's mum might actually be insane. She left a goldfish out to dry it off?

Every episode has been hilarious. Hope there's more soon!

Can't find this anywhere to watch! Sounds like a good one!

Quote: Ben @ 28th June 2014, 10:34 PM BST

Can't find this anywhere to watch! Sounds like a good one!

According to the Dave website the series will be repeated on 26th July at 23.00, so you can watch it then.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ 29th June 2014, 11:09 AM BST

According to the Dave website the series will be repeated on 26th July at 23.00, so you can watch it then.

Cheers, Ian. Will get these recorded.

Just seen my first one of these with Andrew Maxwell, John Ronson, Kerry Godliman and Noel Fielding. Very pleasantly surprised, I think the format can work very well with the right guests. Andrew Maxwell is perfect for example, because that yarn-spinning, off-the-cuff style is what he excels at, and honed for years on 'The Panel' back in Ireland.

Quote: Woozie @ 19th June 2014, 12:54 AM BST

I'm guessing it's pretty cheap to make and the fact it's on every day in a single week, would suggest they plan on making more, I can see this going on and on for Dave, they may have struck gold with this one.

So that's why there were only five episodes. I was frantically looking for the sixth one...

Meanwhile, accusations are flying over the show being a copy of The Green Room with Paul Provenza. But, if Ruby Wax has already done it years ago, does it really matter?

http://thecomicscomic.com/2014/06/16/alan-davies-new-as-yet-untitled-series-essentially-is-the-green-room-with-paul-provenza-in-everything-but-name/

I would have thought it was too simple a concept for people to get upset about it being copied.

Seems like a way of doing scriptwriters out of a job to me.

:)

Quote: billwill @ 1st August 2014, 2:28 PM BST

Seems like a way of doing scriptwriters out of a job to me.

:)

Maybe but genuinely funny people shouldn't need a scriptwriter.

Have you thought of getting one, Chappers?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 21st June 2014, 10:45 AM BST

Just watching the Ross Noble/Josie Long/Liza Tarbuck ep. Try as I might, I just cannot bear Josie Long which probably dates back to her live appearance at Boring 2011. She just comes across in an annoying manner IMHO.

This was the only episode I got round to watching. I thought Ross Noble and the Australian chap were quite funny, but the two women - one of whom isn't even a comedian as far as I'm aware - didn't make me laugh. I might try and catch another episode one day, but there weren't enough big laughs for me on this initial viewing.

With series 2 next year, any DVD plans for the 1st series?