The Great British Sitcom Experiment 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-338IuSCdtA

A TON OF PILOTS NEEDS YOU
the Great British Sitcom Experiment Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-338IuS ... e=youtu.be

We need your tiny Sitcoms (15 mins),

A great platform for NEW writers, NEW Sitcoms and NEW Jokes for A LIVE SHOW at Kings Cross
Need 10 tiny pilots for the 1st show, any style, any subject, looking for new angle to approach SITCOMS,you can perform them yourself or use our assembled team of actors

Need your Sitcoms, your chance to make your Characters come alive.

If this opportunity excites you and sounds like your thing, contact me
Important Disclaimer
Any written entries have to be the sole copyright of the writer/group who are submitting them, also they will remain that and the organisers of the event will not hold any further copyright once the 'pilot' has been entered or performed.

Basically your ideas are your own ideas and will not be used without your permission for further shows/podcasts/youtube.etc.
hope that's sorted any concerns relating to copyright or ownership relating to Sitcom submitted.

It's sitcom trials, but no voting to get there, every entry will be performed live in the 1st show or the next,
Everyone gets that platform

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GBXSITCOM/info

or

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/a-ton-of-pilots

here is the group, join up and send enquiries and entries here to creature the real sitcoms of the future.Hear from you soon.

Next show in Autumn at kings cross, deadline foe entries SEPT,you have plenty of time to be inspired over the summer, any questions, ask here

What is the deadline for this?

Deadline End of August,

The purpose is to get new pilots performed LIVE, There's no voting to be performed, maybe some on the night, but the joy and ideal to expose new writers and ideas in front of a live crowd event, just getting 10 shows together for 1st show and meeting of comedy writers, It's not entirely first come, first serve as there will more regular nights. The show will work best with a variation of sitcom, so if for example if there are 8 sitcoms set in a underwater monkey hospital more likely for choose just one in that location. For once separate comedy talent working together.

F**ksticks - just as I've written the perfect (in my opinion) sitcom set in an underwater monkey hospital there's a feckin' rash of them.

Does it make any difference that mine was Capuchins in A&E?

Quote: Nekark Loon @ 13th June 2014, 7:19 AM BST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-338IuSCdtA

Basically your ideas are your own ideas and will not be used without your permission for further shows/podcasts/youtube.etc.
hope that's sorted any concerns relating to copyright or ownership relating to Sitcom submitted.

This simply isn't correct, you cannot guarantee their ideas won't be used by someone else, you have no power to stop them and the writer has no power to stop you copying them.

Unless you define what you mean by ideas and don't actually mean ideas. If you mean material constructs then they already have copyright. It still doesn't stop you using them, just means they could successfully sue you afterwards.

Quote: Judgement Dave @ 18th June 2014, 2:11 AM BST

F**ksticks - just as I've written the perfect (in my opinion) sitcom set in an underwater monkey hospital there's a feckin' rash of them.

Does it make any difference that mine was Capuchins in A&E?

Tee Hee, If it's funny and can be read in a radio comedy style at a london venue, then you sound perfect

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 18th June 2014, 10:13 AM BST

This simply isn't correct, you cannot guarantee their ideas won't be used by someone else, you have no power to stop them and the writer has no power to stop you copying them.

Unless you define what you mean by ideas and don't actually mean ideas. If you mean material constructs then they already have copyright. It still doesn't stop you using them, just means they could successfully sue you afterwards.

I'm just trying to say I won't nick them. Just trying to encourage new writers like myself to get shows performed LIVe without paying to get looked at or being put a bin at the Beeb. It will always happen that great minds think alike and ideas can be cribbed. but good point....

Are there still spaces available for the one in August at King's Cross?

Quote: Quant Boy @ 19th June 2014, 11:56 AM BST

Are there still spaces available for the one in August at King's Cross?

yep, places left. So am actually moving performance dates to start Sept due to interest

Additional interest, Nekark?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 19th June 2014, 10:45 PM BST

Yep

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 19th June 2014, 10:45 PM BST

Looking at your writing skills, think you would be ideal, will you accept the challenge?

This sounds good (I like the pitch of "The Sitcom Trials with no voting"). Have you done some shows already (the video clip looks like you have)? When's the first show? I look forward to helping spread the word (why, I might enter myself. As t'were).

Is there a Facebook, Twitter or webpage? Couldn't find entry details on the YouTube video.

Although I must say that this bit, on the Yahoo group, does sound VERY Sitcom Trials:

"The Live interactive monthly sitcom challenge, short sitcom pilots will be performed..say ten mins max...then the ending will decided by our panel of judges and the audience!"

As long as you can tell me which bit of that isn't The Sitcom Trials format, you're safe.

Quote: Kev F @ 22nd June 2014, 9:52 AM BST

This sounds good (I like the pitch of "The Sitcom Trials with no voting"). Have you done some shows already (the video clip looks like you have)? When's the first show? I look forward to helping spread the word (why, I might enter myself. As t'were).

Is there a Facebook, Twitter or webpage? Couldn't find entry details on the YouTube video.

Although I must say that this bit, on the Yahoo group, does sound VERY Sitcom Trials:

"The Live interactive monthly sitcom challenge, short sitcom pilots will be performed..say ten mins max...then the ending will decided by our panel of judges and the audience!"

As long as you can tell me which bit of that isn't The Sitcom Trials format, you're safe.

Ah before the lawyers are called out, the night is now more of a platform for sitcom pilots than a competition.

After a big think The voting panel with the improvised nature of the 3rd act is more likely to be dropped for timing reasons.

My ideal to get new pilots good or bad exposed to live audience instead of being judged by other writers and being sent to a laptop file dungeon and never heard of again.

It's a shame that little pilot ideas and short plays/sitcoms never get to just be done in front of a crowd rather than having to fight on a forum to get a chance to be brought to life. It is more an experiment than a trial.

I will be hosting more than performing my various sitcom trial entries, I just want to help other writers to be heard and love running live shows.

http://www.theimpro.net/

next impro show tbc...

The night is a night of tiny pilots, It's not SITCOM TRIALS, it's a night of new writers try out like open mike for stand ups but for sitcoms if you like. Hoping that legally sound.

If you want to drop an entry in, that's cool...could do with some support.

Quote: Nekark Loon @ 22nd June 2014, 10:49 AM BST

The night is a night of tiny pilots, It's not SITCOM TRIALS, it's a night of new writers try out like open mike for stand ups but for sitcoms if you like. Hoping that legally sound.

I never doubted you for a minute. And don't worry, I didn't mean to sound like I'd get litigious on your ass, just wanted to make sure you were doing your own thing.

Sounds brilliant, and your Improv group looks high quality and well established too, which is the key to making something like this work.

Have fun, and I hope to catch the show soon.

Kev F