That Friday Quiz Page 112

3. Red Or Black
6. Occupy movement.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ 13th June 2014, 11:18 AM BST

19. British Prime Ministers (dunno the first pic, Earl Grey, Robert Peel, Pitt, Earl of Liverpool)

Good spot. The first pic is Canning.

I think 10 is Peru, not Mexico.

Same place ;)

Hijo de puta!
9 is Angel

Quote: george roper @ 11th June 2014, 6:08 PM BST

4 Cold Feet?

I realise you were one quiz late with that answer. I thought you meant about the skiing.

14. Depeche Mode?

Quote: shaggy292 @ 13th June 2014, 7:13 PM BST

14. Depeche Mode?

I hardly think so.

What about OR's faves - Status Quo?

Quote: Chappers @ 13th June 2014, 8:02 PM BST

I hardly think so.

Quote: Tursiops @ 13th June 2014, 5:31 PM BST

Good spot. The first pic is Canning.

Ah, yes.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ 13th June 2014, 11:13 PM BST

Ah, yes.

Is that the Dolly Dagger? Wow, how you been?

Dolly always pops in for question 20
It's what makes That Friday Quiz the BCG's 17th best thread

Quote: Chappers @ 13th June 2014, 8:02 PM BST

I hardly think so.

What about OR's faves - Status Quo?

'Down down.' was a number 1.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 13th June 2014, 11:27 PM BST

Is that the Dolly Dagger? Wow, how you been?

Not too bad RC, how's you?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 13th June 2014, 11:48 PM BST

Dolly always pops in for question 20
It's what makes That Friday Quiz the BCG's 17th best thread

:) They're like that TV show Connections from back in the day. (though isn't it usually number 19?)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ 14th June 2014, 12:02 AM BST

(though isn't it usually number 19?)

I told you she was good

Friday Quiz March 28th 2014
1.According to a recent report from a major insurer, which is the most dangerous city in the world to live in from threat of natural disaster? Tokyo
2.Which two football teams have won their country's championship within the last week? Bayern Munich & Celtic
3.In what Ant & Dec-hosted game show was one lucky contestant given the opportunity to win £1 million on a 50/50 gamble? Red or black
4.Who is this? Professor Layton

5.If an American chef broils something what would a British cook do with it? Grill it
6.What was the name of the protest camp set up outside St Pauls Cathedral in 2011 & 2012? Occupy
7.Which band took their name from a TV show featuring a small boy and an enormous white dog? Belle and Sebastian
8.The first ice cream cones were eaten in which decade of the 20th century? 1910s
9.What links the following? Buffalo (Niagara falls adjoins Buffalo; mozzarella cheese is made from buffalo milk)

10.In which country could you visit this? Peru

11.Excluding London stations, what is the busiest railway station in Britain? Birmingham New Street
12.Complete the sequence. European, Christmas, Vegas...? American. (National Lampoon's vacations)
13.Name the film The Mosquito Coast
14.What group has had the most UK chart hit singles without reaching number 1? Depeche Mode
15.Which six-letter word means specifically a train-spotter? Gricer
16.What word can mean both a subsidiary character in a novel or film, added to enhance particular qualities of the main character, or a thin leaf of metal put under a precious stone to show it to its best advantage? Foil
17.Joe, John, Sarah and Paul are the names of the losing candidates for which post since 2000? US Vice President
18.Brother and sister Albert and Florence are now adults, with their ages totaling 64. When asked how old they are, Albert replies: "I am five times as old as Florence was, when I was as old as she is now". How old are they? Albert is 40 and Florence is 24

19.What links these pictures: 19th Century British Prime Ministers (Canning; Earl Grey; Peel; Pitt; Lord Liverpool)

20.Unscramble the two words A E E F H L M O R S T X OXFAM & SHELTER