The Sitcom Mission 2014 Page 19

Quote: simon wright @ 23rd May 2014, 5:10 PM BST

We've started sending out feedback ....

Hello - are you sending feedback to the runners up even if we didn't pay for 'bronze'? I didn't do bronze and haven't had any feedback yet, so was just wondering... Thanks. Jane. :)

Quote: Bonzo @ 29th May 2014, 7:16 PM BST

Hello - are you sending feedback to the runners up even if we didn't pay for 'bronze'? I didn't do bronze and haven't had any feedback yet, so was just wondering... Thanks. Jane. :)

Hi Jane

Yes, you'll be getting a bullet-point feedback soon.

Thank you!

· Nice work Jane.
· Can't anyone write bullet points?

(NB Better just to PM her.)

Is bullet point different from the usual gold and silver and lead types?

Great night with our level 2 students. They've been working on their scripts for the last 8 weeks and we brought in actors to record them.

One of them was Laura Pradelska from Game of Thrones.

It makes us really proud to watch scripts grow from a germ of an idea in week one, to brilliantly funny and original sitcoms at the end of the course.

Have you guys ever had any thoughts about (or willing to consider) bringing your class on the road "up north" for an intensive weekend or the like? I'm talking Yorkshire/North east England, for example. Surely some us "oop north" may be interested in signing up for such a gig.

Quote: smudger @ 4th June 2014, 4:14 PM BST

Have you guys ever had any thoughts about (or willing to consider) bringing your class on the road "up north" for an intensive weekend or the like? I'm talking Yorkshire/North east England, for example. Surely some us "oop north" may be interested in signing up for such a gig.

Hi Smudger

It's definitely something we're looking into, but in the meantime, here's a link to our 2-Saturday Level 1 workshop which takes place on June 14 and 21. We had students come from Wales and Nottingham last time

http://www.city-academy.com/sitcom-writing-8-weeks#-CourseOutline

Go to Timetable & Booking and then click on 2 Saturdays

It's not just the cost of the course but additional costs such as train fares and overnight accomodation which make it a no-goer for me at the moment.

Quote: smudger @ 4th June 2014, 4:54 PM BST

It's not just the cost of the course but additional costs such as train fares and overnight accomodation which make it a no-goer for me at the moment.

If you organised a venue and the participants we could probably work something out. PM me if you have any more thoughts.

Declan
all I can think of at the moment is an opening thread to see how many possibly interested!? How many do you need as a minimum number?

You can stay at Declan's place, if you don't mind the old Habitat sofa. Muesli for breakfast, of course!

Has all feedback been sent yet?

Quote: Katastrofee74 @ 10th June 2014, 11:10 AM BST

Has all feedback been sent yet?

We haven't sent bullet point feedback to those who were commended yet. We're focussing on getting rewrites from our top ten. Commended feedback is still to come.

Did you pay for feedback, but haven't received it yet? Apologies if you've slipped through the net. Feel free to pm me if that's the case.

Thanks for the update! :)

We'll be getting bullet-point feedback to all those who were commended SOON (promise).

At the moment we're putting our energies into organising our next two - Saturday workshop (eight weeks condensed into two very intensive Saturday sessions for those who can't commit to midweeks).