Goodness Gracious Me Reunion Special

I really enjoyed this show back in the day, and the special was - for want of a better word - BRILLIANT. Absolutely spot on commentary of today's day and age, from the British vs Immigrant sketch to trying to be a UKIP representative ... Absolutely ace. Just wish there was more new stuff than just this one-off.

I do rather agree. I've just spent the last few weeks re-watching the original three TV series and, although the loss of Sharat Sardana was felt, the writing was easily of the same quality. Perfectly updated. I'd be very pleased to see a new series commissioned off the back of it.

I thought the special was just as good as the series
Not great but fairly enjoyable with a few good characters & recognisable catchphrases.
The voiceover guy from Come Dine With Me seemed to have a bigger role than I remember this time around.
The Blurred Lines pastiche made me cringe a bit, but I'm sure it was well written with a good point to make

I thought this special was great; didn't think much of The Fast Show special.

Is tonight's a repeat or a re-reunion?

Interesting that in one sketch they show "Dehli."

Now was that part of the joke or a massive own-goal?

Quote: Chappers @ 21st August 2018, 10:27 PM

Is tonight's a repeat or a re-reunion?

Interesting that in one sketch they show "Dehli."

Now was that part of the joke or a massive own-goal?

The "Reunion" special was originally screened in 2014 and the. "India" special in 2015.

I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw "Delhi" spelt "Dehli" in a caption.

On one hand, I can't believe the mistake was accidental but on the other hand, I can't believe it wasn't - simply because I can't think of a single reason (comedic or otherwise) why it should have been misspelt deliberately.

Hey Guys,

I am a german Student and right now our Topic is British Comedy ( Goodness Gracious Me ) .

In our last class we got the Sketch with the Bhangramuffins and football ( Youtube Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEuJptyNhRg&t=83s ) and i got 3 questions to answer, but i dont understand the comedy, so i would really appreciate it, if u could help me out, PLS!!

What are the questions?

Basically it's saying that these Asian youths are more influenced by West Indian culture. Also saying that Asians are basically vegetarian or hold the cow sacred so the ball cannot be made from leather (although I don't think they are nowadays).

Also being Asian these comedians can take the piss out of their own culture.