Looking for writers for non-comedy work Page 2

Quote: Marc P @ 10th May 2014, 8:14 AM BST

Don't knock my gramma sootyj she was a lovely woman.

But a lousy boxer.

And grammatically correct, that's very important!

If this of interest, send an email to me at

Actually, it was an ironic and lighthearted poke about him saying the above and immediately after, missing out the word 'is'

'That's...' means 'that is' and is perfectly correct in terms of grammar, Stephen. What I want to know is - who checked over Hitler's written work?

Bloody hell, you actually think I don't know that 'that's' is 'that is' shortened.
What I meant - and by now it's far too protracted was -

'If this of interest' should better read if this IS of interest.

Yes, come on Marc - if you'd spent that time writing about the joys of Prague, instead of issues of grammar, you could have earned yourself nearly 70p by now!

Could my article about buying the right anniversary present involve not buying snake oil?

Quote: Marc P @ 10th May 2014, 2:29 PM BST

'That's...' means 'that is' and is perfectly correct in terms of grammar, Stephen. What I want to know is - who checked over Hitler's written work?

Boo that jokes older than the pope's underpants.

Quote: NateSean @ 10th May 2014, 3:23 PM BST

Could my article about buying the right anniversary present involve not buying snake oil?

Isn't snake oil just another term for hand cream bought by a furious masturbator?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 10th May 2014, 2:41 PM BST

Bloody hell, you actually think I don't know that 'that's' is 'that is' shortened.
What I meant - and by now it's far too protracted was -

'If this of interest' should better read if this IS of interest.

The correct grammatical expression is a contracted word, not 'shortened'. And as I said earlier style can override grammar. For example it could simply be. 'If of interest please ... Etc etc.

This is a writers forum, after all, and we shouldn't feel embarrassed by having a mass debate about it.

Quote: Lazzard @ 10th May 2014, 2:44 PM BST

Yes, come on Marc - if you'd spent that time writing about the joys of Prague, instead of issues of grammar, you could have earned yourself nearly 70p by now!

Aah... Happy days, when a man could earn an honest fourteen bob by the sweat on his pilsner glass!

Quote: Marc P @ 10th May 2014, 10:12 PM BST

The correct grammatical expression is a contracted word, not 'shortened'. And as I said earlier style can override grammar. For example it could simply be. 'If of interest please ... Etc etc.

This is a writers forum, after all, and we shouldn't feel embarrassed by having a mass debate about it.

I have heard Marc that you are the greatest mass debator since Salvador Dali.

I'm not sure about that. I am a wanker though!

Quote: Marc P @ 10th May 2014, 8:14 AM BST

Don't knock my gramma sootyj she was a lovely woman.

:)

Quote: Marc P @ 10th May 2014, 10:32 PM BST

I'm not sure about that. I am a wanker though!

Laughing out loud

On form.