Greatest episode of Steptoe and Son Page 4

Difficult choice. Yes the Divided We Stand episode I think on balance.

Weird seeing this again, as I did recently. I know I go round repeating catch phrases from comedies, but Harold's "Dirty, dirty, dirty" - made me remember my Grandad (alas, gone 33 years ago!) saying that, and in that manner.

And Afterwards At is my favourite. The opening scene in the church is hilarious. I feel the whole episode from start to finish perfectly sums up the love/hate relationship they have.

Quote: jphellpool @ 30th April 2014, 9:09 AM BST

And Afterwards At is my favourite. The opening scene in the church is hilarious. I feel the whole episode from start to finish perfectly sums up the love/hate relationship they have.

Yeah the scene in the church is fantastic, Albert at his finest.

"Hasn't changed much this place, I haven't been in here since I put your Mother away"

"These seats ain't half hard, I should have brought my air ring, my farmers ain't half giving me gyp"

"I see we're having hymn 339 fight the good fight, very apt"

And to the bride's mother (played by Mollie Sugden)

"If anybody isn't marrying anybody it's my son who ain't marrying that big grizling carthorse of yours"

Another one of my favourite episode is Oh, What A Beautiful Mourning.

The seance one is pretty good to watch

Quote: ComedyGeek @ 28th May 2014, 10:22 AM BST

The seance one is pretty good to watch

Featuring a young Mrs Bucket from Keeping Up Appearances.

Surely the young Kitty from Victoria Wood As Seen On TV?

I have only ever watched a handful of episodes (including a live show with unknown actors)

Episode that stands out for me was, in which I am unaware of the episode name is the snooker episode where the table was practically the same size as the living room.

Made I larf...

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 2nd June 2014, 10:39 AM BST

I have only ever watched a handful of episodes (including a live show with unknown actors)

Episode that stands out for me was, in which I am unaware of the episode name is the snooker episode where the table was practically the same size as the living room.

Made I larf...

That Would the episode Pot Black

My favourite was "Upstairs Downstairs, Upstairs Downstairs" - anyone who has cared for a demanding elderly relative can identify with this situation. I also loved "Seance in a Wet Rag and Bone Yard" - it exposed the ridiculous (and sinister) nature of seances in an admirable fashion (as did an episode of In Sickness And In Health).

The Desperate Hours with Leonard Rossiter and J.G. Devlin, who incidentally was considered for the part of Albert when they were putting the series together.

Bit a trivia for yer........ :)

I love then all, each episode really is comedy heaven. But my stand out favourite, is the one where Albert has a bad back and dosen't tell Harold when he recovers. :D

Just had this e-mail from Hambledon Productions, who produced 2 lost episodes of Hancock's Half Hour on stage in 2012, advising that they are now proposing to do the same with Steptoe & Son and seeking guidance on which of nine possible episodes they should opt for. Thought I'd share it with you in case (i) you want to vote for your favourite episode(s) on the list (deadline Friday 16 September) or (ii) you want to attend a performance when it is staged:

"Announcing our Spring 2017 production!

We're superly excited to have been granted permission from the original 'Steptoe and Son' writers Ray Galton and Alan Simpson to recreate classic episodes of their perennial sitcom for the stage.

Impressed with our 2012 production of 'Hancock's Half Hour - The Lost Episodes', Alan and Ray have very kindly thrown open the doors to their vaults and allowed us full access to their script archive.

Steptoe and Son - which ran for eight series, two Christmas specials and two feature films - was regularly watched by over 18 million viewers during its 12 year run. We'll be commemorating 55 years since it first appeared on our screens with a unique adaptation of 3 classic episodes.

The show will be touring Lincolnshire and the surrounding area from March 2017 and will star John Hewer as Harold and Jeremy Smith as Albert.

BUT WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!

With a whopping 56 episodes to choose from, we're finding it quite a task to narrow it down to just 3... After revisiting them all, with pen and paper in hand, we've brought it down to 9 but we're really struggling to whittle it down further... and that's where YOU come in please.

Below is a quick-and-easy poll detailing the 9 episodes we've selected. You can mark from 1-3 different titles. We know it's hard, but it would really help us make the final decision!

Deadline: Friday 16th September, 11:59pm.

Thanks folks!
Hambledon Productions
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE POLL TO VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITE STEPTOE EPISODE:

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll808435xB1cd42a6-32

I love revisiting this show, it is genius. Favourite episodes include Upstairs, downstairs and the Lead man cometh, also the wooden overcoats. If I'm honest I don't dislike any episode. I have all episodes and films to enjoy whenever I like.

Thanks for posting Billy Bunter :)