The Daily Show: UK Edition Writing Opportunities

Hello Everyone,

We're planning a spin off to the popular US TV show, but first we're launching a blog/magazine to gauge and build interest.

We have several positions available for aspiring writers or students willing to give their time/talent to help us, in return you'll receive a popular platform to showcase your work and something to add to your CV.

This is a grassroots campaign so unfortunately the roles will be unpaid, but your hard work will be remembered should the show be green-lit, though there are no guarantees.

Ideally you'll be given a daily slot to post your articles (Around 300 words), they'll be satirical in nature yet still remain insightful much like the original show.

Anyone wishing to apply should PM me with their details, interests, CV, and if possible a sample piece of work.

Thanks for reading.

This sounds very interesting, but are you in fact the Daily Show?

No, The Daily Show is more than just a person :P

Not just Arthur then?

Doesn't anybody pay for anything nowadays?

This sounds really interesting, Recruiter. Can you tell us a bit more about your thinking?

Why start with a blog? And why start by looking for unknown writers? I'd have thought if you were running a UK version of The Daily Show, you'd have established talent queuing up. What production company is behind this?

Do you mean a spin off to the Daily Show, or a show that would be like the Daily Show but is in no way affiliated with the actual Daily Show that Comedy Central recently gave up on attempting a UK adaptation of?

Quote: Recruiter @ 26th May 2014, 10:03 AM BST

We're planning a spin off to the popular US TV show, but first we're launching a blog/magazine to gauge and build interest.

students willing to give their time/talent to help us

This is a grassroots campaign so unfortunately the roles will be unpaid

Someone needs to get Dominic Littlewood. Now.

I don't understand. Are you suggesting this might possibly not be genuine?

Quote: sootyj @ 26th May 2014, 10:07 AM BST

This sounds very interesting, but are you in fact the Daily Show?

I'd second that question. Will the blog be on the Comedy Central website?

Daddy, is that you...?

I'd have thought a magazine would be expensive to manufacture. And then there's the weapons to be considered.