The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 569

No - you should laugh!

Apparently some thoughtful Forest fans have already created a bedsheet banner and hung it over a footbridge at Junction 25 on the M1 - just to welcome them back to the East Midlands.

I always find it strange in Nottingham that the Notts County and Nottingham Forest grounds are so close together. It's just asking for a punch up, right?

Quote: Ben @ 24th May 2014, 11:01 PM BST

I always find it strange in Nottingham that the Notts County and Nottingham Forest grounds are so close together. It's just asking for a punch up, right?

You know they don't play home games on the same day?

Quote: Ben @ 24th May 2014, 11:01 PM BST

Home games on alternate Saturdays (so always live football in Nottingham) and no real rivalry between the two. County are like a younger sibling - you want them to do well within their own little remit.

Derby are our real rivals.

Quote: Badge @ 24th May 2014, 11:03 PM BST

You know they don't play home games on the same day?

Well I did assume so, but I just guessed I could get away with it. Sadly for me Badge's forensic eye is about tonight.

Quote: Will Cam @ 24th May 2014, 10:00 PM BST

It was a fantastic day Ben. I saw Phil parkes save a penalty in 1975/6 and I liked the blue and white hoops.

That's the only QPR season ever where people could have accused you of being a glory supporter. Damn you Liverpool...

Quote: Jennie @ 24th May 2014, 11:09 PM BST

Home games on alternate Saturdays (so always live football in Nottingham) and no real rivalry between the two. County are like a younger sibling - you want them to do well within their own little remit.

Sounds like the Devon triangle.

Plymouth and Exeter hate each other (Exeter more-so, as Argyle sometimes try to claim they have bigger fish to fry, like Pompey or Bristol City).

However, both have nothing more than amused contempt for Torquay, with occasional periods of patronising encouragement.

It really is better to be hated than ignored.

Quote: Jennie @ 24th May 2014, 11:09 PM BST

I've been to the 'City' ground many times as one of my mates is a fanatic and had a season ticket, despite the fact he lives in Newport South Wales. I can testify having seen a home match against Derby that there is indeed some genuine hatred there. Why? God only knows. But then the same can be said of Cardiff/Swansea in this neck of the woods. Stupeeeed if you ask me.

Quote: Ben @ 24th May 2014, 9:36 PM BST

Oooh! Extra time!

It was a great final and Real were the deserved winners. Bale missed a couple of sitters and Ronaldo hardly shone, but Athletico were playing really horrible, negative football and were an extremely dirty team.

Having said that, I think Athletico's manager might read this comment and try to murder me - he was one scary dude.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 25th May 2014, 1:46 PM BST

Having said that, I think Athletico's manager might read this comment and try to murder me - he was one scary dude.

He looks like an aging mafia hitman.

Lets hope that QPR player who got sent off gets about a 10 match ban for bringing the game into disrepute for admitting why he did it and Barton too for good measure.

Quote: Chappers @ 25th May 2014, 10:42 PM BST

Lets hope that QPR player who got sent off gets about a 10 match ban for bringing the game into disrepute for admitting why he did it and Barton too for good measure.

He did it because he is a shit player. It was just a shit tackle and it only turned into 'taking one for the team' when we had won. I don't know why Harry sticks with him. I really don't understand either why Ravel Morrison wasn't on in his place with instructions to use his skills to win tackles and hold in midfield / go forward when necessary. But then, I only work for the government so what do I know.

Quote: roscoff @ 25th May 2014, 1:26 PM BST

I've been to the 'City' ground many times as one of my mates is a fanatic and had a season ticket, despite the fact he lives in Newport South Wales. I can testify having seen a home match against Derby that there is indeed some genuine hatred there. Why? God only knows. But then the same can be said of Cardiff/Swansea in this neck of the woods. Stupeeeed if you ask me.

I don't think it is any worse than anywhere else. It is all a bit of fun really. In truth, I would have liked to have seen all three East Midlands outfits in the Prem. It would bring more revenue to a truly lovely (but mostly overlooked) area of the country.

Quote: Jennie @ 25th May 2014, 11:26 PM BST

In truth, I would have liked to have seen all three East Midlands outfits in the Prem.

This was the case I put forward to some Cardiff City fans I know. However they'd rather see the Third Reich's second XI play in the prem than the 'Jacks'.

Quote: Will Cam @ 24th May 2014, 10:32 PM BST

There were about 40,000 very sad mutton
faces trudging out of Wembley. Shouldn't laugh........ha,ha,ha

As a football fan I'd rather have seen Derby County in the PL next season, but still, that's the bottom of the table sorted until next year.

West Brom and Villa supporters must be delighted.

Leyton Orient/Rotherham game was a cracker. Hope Rotherham make it to the Premiership. What that league needs is a 25 stone manager bombing down the touchline with his trousers falling to his ankles. Top action!