The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 568

I don't know why they ever kicked Johnny Twunt off the BCG fantasy clique league

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 21st May 2014, 1:48 AM BST

I don't know why they ever kicked Johnny Twunt off the BCG fantasy clique league

He did seem like a bit of a tool. Probably one of those football hipsters who rate Sanogo.

Just watched some of that smartarse programme about England's worst players on BBC3.

The narrator - apparently a comedian called Tom Davis had nothing funny to say and his voice was really terrible.

I don't know if anyone else watched it but for some reason they included Welsh international Vinny Jones. Does anyone know why?

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd May 2014, 11:08 PM BST

I don't know if anyone else watched it but for some reason they included Welsh international Vinny Jones. Does anyone know why?

Because he's about as Welsh as I'm Irish i.e vaguely.

Anyway, 50 million for Luiz? Laughing out loud

Champions League final tonight. I'm hoping for Madrid to win as they play great, attacking football. Mind you, Atletico winning will be a success in proving you don't need to be a financial superpower to win, much like Porto 10 years ago.

Well, the curfew in Bangkok is being enforced again tonight at 10pm, but I want to go out and get a bar opened to watch the QPR play the Championship Playoff Final.

Even though the city is under lockdown following the removal of a (sort of) democratically-elected government, and a subsequent military take-over, I'm wondering if one if the generals might give me an exception tonight if I explain just how important this game is for QPR; especially given the huge wage bill, loss of TV revenue and the currently out-on-loan players who might leave permanently if we fail to get promoted.

I'm pretty certain he'll be cool with it. QPR don't get to play at Wembley very often.

Edit: F**k it. Watched the updates on BBC Sport instead.

Lock up your over-priced, over-paid and over-rated bench-warmers, because we're back and we're gonna buy them all, pay them a king's ransom and then get relegated.

Quote: SimonWing @ 24th May 2014, 11:17 AM BST

Lock up your over-priced, over-paid and over-rated bench-warmers, because we're back and we're gonna buy them all, pay them a king's ransom and then get relegated.

It'll be good to see 'Arry 'the wheeler dealer' Redknapp back in the Premier League.

What an experience being at wembley today. The noise when Zamora scored was phenomenal. What a great result. Just hanging around waiting for our train back up north. Celebrating in Frankie and bennys. Come on you Rs.

Sounds like you had a good day, Will! How did you end up supporting QPR when you're a right Northerner though?

Quote: Will Cam @ 24th May 2014, 6:23 PM BST

What an experience being at wembley today. The noise when Zamora scored was phenomenal. What a great result. Just hanging around waiting for our train back up north. Celebrating in Frankie and bennys. Come on you Rs.

Better than last time I'm guessing. We're you at the Cardiff playoff final at the Millenium Stadium? Holy crap, that sucked.

Ronaldo has had a fairly quiet game so far. Bale had the best chance for Real so far, but Atletico aren't giving them much room to get through or counter. I think they might hold on to the lead.

Oooh! Extra time!

Quote: Ben @ 24th May 2014, 7:01 PM BST

Sounds like you had a good day, Will! How did you end up supporting QPR when you're a right Northerner though?

It was a fantastic day Ben. I saw Phil parkes save a penalty in 1975/6 and I liked the blue and white hoops.

Quote: SimonWing @ 24th May 2014, 7:10 PM BST

Better than last time I'm guessing. We're you at the Cardiff playoff final at the Millenium Stadium? Holy crap, that sucked.

No I watched that one on the tele, that was bad enough .

Never felt more like singing the blues..when Forest win and Derby lose.

No Forest win, but a desperately satisfying loss for the mutton molesters.

There were about 40,000 very sad mutton
faces trudging out of Wembley. Shouldn't laugh........ha,ha,ha