Status report Page 5,636

Quote: sootyj @ 18th May 2014, 6:23 PM BST

you weren't born in one?

Yes, but my aloofness started at a very early age, so I didn't make a fuss.

I wasn't born in one. NHS did not exist when I was born (at home).

But the concept of a Co-Op of lots of people belonging to a group who all paid in regular sums and then got free medicines if needed, began in Ebbw Vale. My Great Grandfather was the pharmacist of that organization.

I expect Nye Bevan was a member of this Co-Op & hence his strenuous efforts to get the NHS created after WW-II.

I think that free medicine (ignoring the NI contributions) is a wonderful service.

Evening aim: Finish a report on marketing ideas for a major jewellery trade centre in Asia.

Evening result: Beat the Pterodactyl on the Android version of Joe and Mac Caveman Ninja, and watched a load of Peep Show episodes on YouTube that I'd watched loads of times before.

Quote: SimonWing @ 19th May 2014, 3:24 PM BST

Evening aim: Finish a report on marketing ideas for a major jewellery trade centre in Asia.

Evening result: Beat the Pterodactyl on the Android version of Joe and Mac Caveman Ninja, and watched a load of Peep Show episodes on YouTube that I'd watched loads of times before.

Sounds like a conflict between the adult you and the inner child.

Quote: beaky @ 19th May 2014, 4:17 PM BST

and a Pterodactyl

Laughing out loud

Ben is out in the sun eating dinner.

It is thundering like a bitch here. Which is fun.

Quote: beaky @ 19th May 2014, 4:17 PM BST

I wish the adult would use its height/size/experience advantage and win occasionally :(

Ben is yawning.

At his own status.

I am having to stay up to work on a Football Banning Order application. I absolutely hate them.

Tell someone they'll get seven years inside, they barely blink.

Tell them they'll never see their kids again because they are a neglectful parents - they look a bit sad.

Tell them they'll never get to go to see f**king Arsenal play again - it is like you have just murdered a puppy in front of them.

Jennie, you're a true rock star. I mean, lawyer.

It's basically the same job - all glam glam glam.

In what other job would you get to travel to Lowestoft at 6am? I'm truly blessed.

Quote: Jennie @ 19th May 2014, 10:56 PM BST

Tell them they'll never get to go to see f**king Arsenal play again - it is like you have just murdered a puppy in front of them.

I need to get one of those orders for QPR...