Status report Page 5,635

Quote: sootyj @ 15th May 2014, 9:39 PM BST

In the end they always lose to FC Sybil

In the end they always lose to FC Sybil

I know!

Quote: Oldrocker @ 15th May 2014, 9:29 PM BST

Had a lovely afternoon out at Symphony Hall.

CBSO with two Haydn symphonies, Mozart oboe concerto and Vaughn Williams Tuba concerto.

:)

One day Ben will go to a classical gig.

Quote: Ben @ 15th May 2014, 9:58 PM BST

You should try it.

Something not too heavy though. Today's programme would have suited.

I count myself fortunate in that I can go from Black Sabbath to Beethoven to The Beatles to Bach and enjoy them all.

Can't be doing with soul and (modern) R&B and all that shit though.

Do you like good music? That sweet soul music!

Quote: Lee @ 16th May 2014, 12:22 AM BST

Do you like good music? That sweet soul music!

Don't mind Quo's version of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG4pSBFSCpM

Ben could have done with an extra hour in bed.

Quote: Ben @ 15th May 2014, 9:58 PM BST

"Concert", dear boy. Concert. (I've been to at least two, so I know.)
:)

Can't see myself ever going to an opera though.

Ben is off for a contact lens check today and then heading to the cinema. He wonders just how much longer he can continue keeping it real.

I'm going to see Godziwa today also!

cool its got some twists in it that I won't spoil

Today tried my first ever dumpling. I've never had 'normal' ones so don't know what they are meant to taste like but the gf ones I.tried were very tasty. Also had the most amazing gf donut that tastes just like normal ones. I'm very excited.

Lets be political for a moment. My dad spent 7 hours in resus in the local general hospital Thursday night after falling down the stairs. I witnessed the staff being totally professional though under extreme pressure, not just for one or two hours but for eight. It was completely rammed for the whole time. I would dearly love to send one of those NHS knocking twats of MP'S in there to do the job. Sorry to be a cliche but they are an island of calm in a sea of chaos. Amazing stuff/staff.
Status equals grateful and angry at the same time. I may be going a little schizo Wave

That's great to hear

Hope he's better

Quote: roscoff @ 17th May 2014, 10:25 PM BST

Lets be political for a moment. My dad spent 7 hours in resus in the local general hospital Thursday night after falling down the stairs. I witnessed the staff being totally professional though under extreme pressure, not just for one or two hours but for eight. It was completely rammed for the whole time. I would dearly love to send one of those NHS knocking twats of MP'S in there to do the job. Sorry to be a cliche but they are an island of calm in a sea of chaos. Amazing stuff/staff.
Status equals grateful and angry at the same time. I may be going a little schizo Wave

I've never been into hospital for anything serious, but I've certainly never had any complaints about the NHS.

you weren't born in one?