Mock The Week - Series 13

So the toughest and one of the funniest panel shows is coming back. But how long can it go on? And will Chris Addison return?

God I hope not.

Film careers of Mock The Week stars.

Chris Addison-Apocalypse Now.

David Mitchell-Magicians.

Miles Jupp-Order of the Phoenix.

Marcus Brigstoke-Telstar.

I'm looking forward to the quick fire rounds, although I should probably actually watch a few full episodes if I ever get a chance.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 13th June 2014, 11:17 AM BST

David Mitchell-Magicians.

Miles Jupp-Order of the Phoenix.

Marcus Brigstoke-Telstar.

Chris Addison - The Look of Love

Whenever I've glanced across this shit-which-keeps-comedy-agents-in-cocaine, my continuing thought is...

F**k, is Dara that easily pleased into laughter? Has he never thought of a lazy, obvious joke himself? He seems continuously surprised by the obvious jokes the writers presented, first at the production meeting? For a supposedly clever man with a physics degree, he really should know how the very show he hosts works by now?

Also, does Andy Parsins actually exist in real life? And does anyone know who voices him?

Some jokes are probably presented at the planning meeting (probably their "set" when they choose a topic). The fact that Dara gets annoyed when rounds don't finish when they're meant to suggests these lines are unscripted.

Apocalypse Now?

According to IMDB he was in a film called "Apocalypse 2012" (no, me neither), but most famously he was in "In The Loop".

Are you sure you're not confusing Marlon Brando and Dara O'Briain?

I just caught up with the first six episodes. So far, I got to say, I love Josh Widdicombe. I don't know if I had seen him before this season and I think if you're missing Russell Howard, but you want him to tone it down, Widdicombe is the go-to guy.

It is also nice that they're finding and capturing female comedians to sit on the panel. That is another thing that is sorely lacking on a lot of these panel shows.

It's like, I'm a gay man, and even I don't like a sausage fest.

It really depends on who they have on as to whether I will watch it or not. Andy Parsons is a big turn off, but he's on every week whitch is a problem. I've never seen a comedian take so much time to repeatedly tell the most obvious, not very funny gags in such a slow, laboured way and look really pleased with himself afterwards.

Widdicome and Delaney are usually good.

I couldn't watch the last ep as Russell Kane was on. I think he might be the only comedian I have some genuine hatred for. If the other guests had been Peter Cook, Richard Pryor and God, I still wouldn't have been able to watch it.

Quote: NateSean @ 19th July 2014, 2:07 PM BST

It is also nice that they're finding and capturing female comedians to sit on the panel.

Laughing out loud

Danny Cohen's determined to make it work, isn't he?

Poor old Katherine Ryan not allowed to roam free... :(

I really like the addition of more female panelists. And, of course, Milton Jones!

I've enjoyed Susan Calman on the radio in the News Quiz and on Susan Calman Is Convicted, but her performance was very off on Mock the Week.

Can't really expect much from the first timers, it is a different format from doing stand-up. Even if you've watched the show from the beginning or are at the very least familiar with every other show like this one, it stands to reason that one or two performances will be off.