Men Behaving Badly

What did you think of the series? It was funny. But catch it on GOLD, Thursdays at 9pm.
I'm watching it now on plus 1.

Edited by Aaron - grammar.

signed boxset at 99p with no reserve

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300893951680

Well I quite fancy that

But not if some poncy actor type has scrawled all over the box

I'm out.

Quote: Tom G @ April 21 2013, 1:21 PM BST

signed boxset at 99p with no reserve

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300893951680

What an odd little story accompanying this.

Odd but true. Clunes is dead to me now.

Quote: Tom G @ April 21 2013, 2:36 PM BST

Odd but true. Clunes is dead to me now.

I'm sure that must cause him a massive amount of heartache.

I really like the episode when Tony has to wear glasses. There is a scene on the sofa where Gary, Dorothy and Deborah are trying not to laugh. Really natural, believable, relatable comedy. I thought Caroline Quentin was particularly good in MBB.

Aw, I do hate snappy cases.

When it was actually on, it was easily one of my absolute favourite shows.

It does stand up to rewatchings, but when I watch it now I find the relationship between Gary and Dorothy really rather depressing and loveless. None of them are at all nice to each other. But somehow I didn't notice that when I was younger.

Watched a couple of these last night on GOLD. I rather enjoyed them as I had forgotten how funny they were. I do own the Boxset but I can never be bothered to fetch it out if it's just on the telly. Laughing out loud

Sadly I do not have GOLD, but I do well recall watching Men Behaving Badly and loving it. I think the title is very fitting and love their antics.

I do wish Dave would bring 'em back, it has been ages since I've seen an episode.

Just watching the first series with Harry Enfield (in it - he's not watching it with me).

Some great laugh out louds. Enfield wasn't as bad a character as I'd remembered. He was quite a good looking bloke then too.

Quote: zooo @ 24th April 2013, 6:19 PM BST

When it was actually on, it was easily one of my absolute favourite shows.

It does stand up to rewatchings, but when I watch it now I find the relationship between Gary and Dorothy really rather depressing and loveless. None of them are at all nice to each other. But somehow I didn't notice that when I was younger.

And Tony's obsession with Deb is actually a tad creepy.

Yeah it's all quite odd looking back. But it worked at the time!

The 90s does seem a bit odd in general now. I was watching Drop the Dead Donkey recently, *really* funny show, but the way they treat the Sally character was nothing short of bullying. I can imagine her being a total pain to work with, but the pranks and names she gets called actually made me feel a bit uncomfortable. But that kind of vilification seemed acceptable then.

EDIT: It seems vilification doesn't mean what I thought it does, I meant "bullying".

The outtakes were great too. Harry Enfield encouraging the audience to shout "wanker" everytime sometime cocked up. Seems like Enfield was in charge.