The Inbetweeners Movie 2

I really loved the first movie but will the second film be as good? We shall have to wait and see. I think personally they should leave the show on a high and not make a second film but if it's as funny as the first one then I probably won't mind but you've always got that risk I feel with doing a second film that "Will it be as good?" feeling.

What're everyone's thoughts?

Difficult to get excited, as such, when it's still a year away and there's currently no plot/setting detail, but I am looking forward to it.

Quote: Aaron @ August 2 2013, 4:14 PM BST

Difficult to get excited, as such, when it's still a year away and there's currently no plot/setting detail, but I am looking forward to it.

I presume a guide will be on the way soon, Aaron?

You presume correctly.

I didn't think that the first movie would be the end of The Inbetweeners. I keep fearing it'll be a similar plot to American Pie 2, but hopefully the writers are savvy enough to take it somewhere new.

I'm a third year student doing a dissertation on American and British Comedy.

I have a simple 4 question survey about The Inbetweeners and why the US remake was such a fail.

If anyone has a spare 5 minutes to fill this out then that would be great, thank you!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/V3RM8F7

I wish they would just make another full series. The first movie could have fitted in to 2 episodes easily. Not that bothered by the new film. it will be loved and hated in equal measure. Having said this, if the 4th series ever got made and the quality dropped worse than the last series I would be well over it. PhoneShop has taken its place on E4 now.

I hope it will be decent but I tend to be in the should have let it finish on a high school of thought. That said though I'd find it hard to not do another if I was them with the easy money available.

It has such popularity that they could make any old shit and people will flock to the cinema to watch it because of The Inbetweeners tag on it.

Enjoyed the series and the first film was ok. I think maybe they should have left it at that though. There is only so much in-between ages humour they can do. Also, I don't know how old the actors are in real life but even if they were the same age as the character when it first started, then by now they are probably too old to be playing people in their late teens now.

Quote: reds @ 12th May 2014, 12:24 PM BST

Enjoyed the series and the first film was ok. I think maybe they should have left it at that though. There is only so much in-between ages humour they can do. Also, I don't know how old the actors are in real life but even if they were the same age as the character when it first started, then by now they are probably too old to be playing people in their late teens now.

Well the actor playing Cameron in Ferris Bueller was 30. Anyway, none of the Inbetweener actors are particularly haggard looking chaps. They're all fairly boyish.

The trailer they've released so far was a bit... meh, but I know legions of fans will proclaim it as classic.

I have just watched the full trailer and it looks very promising indeed, could well be better than the first movie.

Yeah, the trailer doesn't look too bad. I'll probably go see it as I'm on holiday that week.

I really loved the first movie. I laughed like a drain at the cinema, I thought it was a really funny film and translated well from a series to a movie better than most. I've seen the longer trailer and it looks good.

The trailer looks great, I thought the first film was very funny. Definitely going to see this when it opens.

Is the first film worth a watch?