http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pork-recipes/green-chilli

800gm of higher-welfare pork mince ?

Oh, swipe me.

Higher-welfare pork mince indeed.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 8th May 2014, 12:38 AM BST

800gm of higher-welfare pork mince ?

Oh, swipe me.

Higher-welfare pork mince indeed.

Might give that a go tonight Going to a matinee this arvo of Pompei... So something simple for supper sounds good!

I saw the Hairy Bikers visit a chilli festival the other day and one of the stalls featured an 18 chilli chilli. I only ever stick one type of chilli in, but next time I'm going to stick three or four types in. Not 18 though as the law of averages dictates you'll have something in there that burns on re-entry.

Pure heat ain't the thing for me and if that's what you want you can just add drops of encona.

I'm way more of a fan of chipotle peppers or paprika to get a spicy, strong flavour with a bit of heat.

That's why I want to use just a couple of different chillis. Some chipotle for a smoky flavour and a little jalapeno for some heat.

That's a sophisticated mix, though I prefer jalapenos uncooked.

Trying to make cheesecake for a friends dinner tomorrow and had a sloppy disaster with the first attempt, have now tried a different recipe with condensed milk, bunged it in the fridge and wonder if it will ever set and am afraid to look. Thought this would be easy peasy...anyone know a fool proof recipe??? Help Jennie...

I do a baked cheesecake made with soft cheese, egg and sugar mixed up with either lemon juice and grated rind and sultanas, or melted chocolate, baked in the oven till almost set and then chilled. Always works.

That sounds delicious. I was going for the no bake option thinking it was easier, wish I hadn't now! I remember making an orange cheesecake a few years ago and it turned out lovely so was lulled by that memory I think.

I've always loved this recipe, because Nigella is my hero:

http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/cherry-cheesecake-34

But your second go at anything always turns out better, so hopefully attempt two is fine! Remember cheeses cake is so full of yummy calories you can't go too far wrong on the taste.

That looks yummmy too, I like the idea of the cherries spread on top. Have had a peek and it 'seems' to be setting.

I can't make them very well but New York cheesecake is what I call proper cheesecake and they bake it. If you don't bake you end up with a mousse, which is what most shop bought cheesecake slices are. To me, nothing like real cheesecake.

If it doesn't set, put it in a container and call it cheesecake mess or deconstructed cheesecake. I'm.sure I've seen people on masterchef go to great effort to.make something look messy.

Hee, good idea Reds. Alas, it hasn't really set so will keep it for myself and scoff it that way.

I've done a frosted blueberry cake instead, it requires cheesecake frosting but if that doesn't work can just call it blueberry cake and they can put up or shut up!

If you're having cheesecake setting trouble then try melting marshmallows in some cream over a low heat as a setting agent, then as it cools add some cream cheese or a little greek yoghirt for tartness. A bit of a cowboy method, but it works :)