Cardinal Burns - Series 2

New series of this starts on 30th April and I'm looking forward to it. One of the very few sketch show I've tuned into in the last five years.

I thought this was great - some really funny, inspired sketches.

It feels like sketch shows don't get much of a chance anymore, so it's good to see Channel 4 showing faith in this.

Great to see this back. Really enjoyed it. Favourite sketches were New Guys, Post Office Depot, Bukake & Hashtag and Banksy.

I started watched this over breakfast, despite fearing, before I even began playing it, there would be an inevitable vomit moment in the first sketch.

Loved the yoga class sketch.

The make-up person did a great job for the last piece. Laughing out loud

Least favourite was the Banksy one.

Glad this has come back, they are hugley talented performers. Personally, I could do with more actual material - they are fantastic at setting up a simple situation, and letting the performance, make-up and direction carry it, but I often wish there were more jokes (Hashtag & Bukake is the perfect example, the sketch didn't really add anything to the excellent credits sequence). In this sense it reminds me of 90s French & Saunders.

I did enjoy the post office one, a really simple idea played out neatly. Surprised to find I was happy to see the office flirts back; unsurprised to find I was still ambivalent towards the Real World parody; astonished they brought back Banksy, that idea seemed to have been completely strip-mined in series one (actually, in sketch one, but there you go, I shan't go into a rant about runners again here Laughing out loud)

Just found out that I know the man who made the cock-nose. Awaiting confirmation that he also made the chin-balls.

Less laughs in this week's episode, but still fairly entertaining.

Quote: Ben @ 9th May 2014, 6:54 AM BST

Less laughs in this week's episode, but still fairly entertaining.

Agree. Any news on the chin-balls?

I liked the mini-cab guys best this week. The other characters/actors are great in these sequences, and they're nicely directed too; you get the feeling everyone enjoys shooting them.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 10th May 2014, 10:56 PM BST

Agree. Any news on the chin-balls?

One of my mate's colleagues made them.

Sweet! Have they got anything else in the pipeline, so to speak?

Quote: George Kaplan @ 11th May 2014, 1:32 AM BST

Sweet! Have they got anything else in the pipeline, so to speak?

Not sure, he works for an effects workshop, so he's always working on something. He worked with Tom Cruise last year, so it's a pretty cool job.

That was alright. I liked the maid dogs, and the ghost hunters were quite original and intriguing.

The idea of a best man speech at a funeral was good, but it fell quite flat for me, and I really don't think we needed two extra doses of the minicab drivers, did we?

Overall: passable.

Better episode this week. The early 80s rapper rocking up at a rap battle was hilarious. Banksy was better this week - I'm not sure why it comes in for such a kicking on here.

I thought the rap battle was fantastic, all the details were perfect. Overall a better ep this week, although the Karate Kid pastiche went on for far too long.

Do people actually find this funny? I have no idea how this made it onto TV.