Sketch Opportunity

http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/opportunities/behind-the-bike-shed

Bloody BBC is publicising non paying ops now. What's next? "New writer for Eastenders wanted, sorry we can't pay you"?

Reading the shout out it seems they are looking for dark, not of this world sketches, what does everyone else think?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 1st May 2014, 4:49 PM BST

Bloody BBC is publicising non paying ops now. What's next? "New writer for Eastenders wanted, sorry we can't pay you"?

It's not actually for the BBC.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 1st May 2014, 4:49 PM BST

The BBC is a public service broadcaster. Part of their remit is fostering new talent in general. This scheme seems to be from a non profit organisation with similar aims, albeit on a much smaller scale. The Writersroom does not , as far as I know, unless things have changed,advertise such initiatives competitions etc where a submission fee is required.

Quote: Chappers @ 1st May 2014, 10:19 PM BST

It's not actually for the BBC.

I did say publicising, though.

I entered a couple of sketches for this. Anyone know if/when we get feedback on whether we got something in?

I think you probably would have heard by now if you had something in, Otterfox, as I was notified last weekend that my sketch was being used.

Quote: Indigo @ 16th May 2014, 7:17 PM BST

I think you probably would have heard by now if you had something in, Otterfox, as I was notified last weekend that my sketch was being used.

Cheers Indigo, better to know than waiting indefinitely. Well done on getting something in.

Thanks!