Gimme titles of some GOOD freaking COMEDY BOOKS

I'm desperate so, I figured I'd ask you guys:

I'm here to find or hope to find some suggestions how good stuff/funny to read.

I like "High fidelity" -Nick Hornby (but that's the only one of his)
I like "YES MAN" (again only his first ones)
I like "Three men on a bender" -Patrick rossi
I EVEn though "Wolf of Wall street" -J.B was funnish..(guilty pleasure)

If you could please suggest other titles of something I can read, I'll be really grateful.

What I do not like is "Hitchhikers way to the galaxy" and that Jjasper Fforde guy..

OK.
Gimme some titles..you saw what I like...
Oh, and don't mention Vernon little..my neck tweaks when I hear his name.

It's very impolite to create more than one topic with the same question or theme.

It's also very impolite to DEMAND answers. That's like going into a pub and shouting out your question; it could get you thrown out.

You are acting like a two-year old baby.

Calm down, post something interesting, get people interested in telling you things.

Quote: billwill @ 7th February 2014, 12:27 AM GMT

It's very impolite to create more than one topic with the same question or theme.

It's also very impolite to DEMAND answers. That's like going into a pub and shouting out your question; it could get you thrown out.

You are acting like a two-year old baby.

Calm down, post something interesting, get people interested in telling you things.

You know when you've been Billwilled!

"Elliot Allagash" by Simon Rich. Very good. And funny.

Peter Kay - The Book

its got pitchirs in

I Hate Everyone, Starting With Me by Joan Rivers saw me laughing out loud with each chapter. No-holds barred, Jewish rants and more, we gotta say we are HUGE fans of this lady, despite all her controversial views. Better to be bloody honest than hiding under mummy's panties, that's what we say.

If your mummy's panties are large enough to hide under, does that mean you're a tiny wee midget?

Or..........

GOD NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Well you know what they say faceless - if the midget's pants fit.....:P

Robert Rankin and Tom Sharpe are usually pretty good for a laugh.

Thing is, I'm not really sure how you define a comedy book. Do you mean a book that has been written to be funny on every page? In which case 'I, Partridge' is bloody excellent.

There are also plenty of good travel writers, such as Peter Moore, Bill Bryson and Pete McCarthy, who can raise a fair few smiles along the way but I'm not sure if this is what you mean.

In the field of popular science books, anything by Mary Roach is worth reading as her books are crammed with mad WTF facts. Her best one by far is Gulp. Best book I've read in ages.

Quote: Ignatius Rake @ 20th February 2014, 6:16 PM GMT

Thing is, I'm not really sure how you define a comedy book. Do you mean a book that has been written to be funny on every page? In which case 'I, Partridge' is bloody excellent.

There are also plenty of good travel writers, such as Peter Moore, Bill Bryson and Pete McCarthy, who can raise a fair few smiles along the way but I'm not sure if this is what you mean.

In the field of popular science books, anything by Mary Roach is worth reading as her books are crammed with mad WTF facts. Her best one by far is Gulp. Best book I've read in ages.

Bill Bryson - V.Funny, especially when he deals with British quirks.

Hell, yeah!

Quote: Oldrocker @ 6th February 2014, 11:54 PM GMT

AHAHA!!!

oh, btw, call me tacky..
But you know what book I just read..(extremely GIULTY pleasure):
Joan River "I hate everyone".

I never watched her show..never seen amovie of hers..Don't even like her.

But someone here suggested the book..as a lark..a lark..I started reading it..and was cracking up..

IN real life, I'll deny, I ever read it.
But, it was funny..and before jduging me..read the first few chapters.

Quote: Tomboy Tarts @ 16th February 2014, 4:38 AM GMT

I Hate Everyone, Starting With Me by Joan Rivers saw me laughing out loud with each chapter. No-holds barred, Jewish rants and more, we gotta say we are HUGE fans of this lady, despite all her controversial views. Better to be bloody honest than hiding under mummy's panties, that's what we say.

Wow,in all honesty, when I read your post..I'm like "mehh.."

Then, I was dancing around amazon. Looking for a book. Somehow, one link led to another and saw her book.

And as a joke, I read just the first page..
Ended up buying it, and finishing it.
Jaysus..I was Laughing, NOT SMILING. BUt laughing like from the gut.

It's like PACKED TIGHT with comedy

Quote: Ignatius Rake @ 20th February 2014, 6:16 PM GMT

NO, not funny everypage..
And not necessarily..MEMOIRS..
Even though YES MAN -Danny Wallace is a classic.
That's something, that really made me laugh.

What I don't like, are a "Certain" type of British comedy, where the author is trying to be witty in every line he writes.
Where it's Toooo obvious the author wants you to laugh.

OK.

I just read the first pages of "'I, Partridge'.

And that's the typical comedy I DO NOT LIKE.
Cause it's too witty.
Yes, it's sort of funny his own "Q&A"..but then his voice becomes tiring.
To "Witty".

I like loose comedies, where you can laugh at everypage...but you don't feel "forced" into it.