Opportunity For Writers And Budding Film Makers

Hello, I run a website - www.cafespike.com and we'd be happy to consider running comedy articles or videos from budding artists looking for exposure. We've been in existence for a year and our aim is to promote comedic talent. Unfortunately we can't pay for contributions because we don't carry advertising and it costs me to keep the place up and running. It's a labour of love. If you feel you need a showcase, get in touch via the site forum page or email me at Skoob1999@hotmail.co.uk and we'll see what we can do. There's no financial risk involved, it's all free. Our reward comes from putting material online that's worth looking at. www.cafespike.com We're looking to introduce a video dedicated page in the near future. Have a look and feel free to join in.

Thanks for reading this.

Are you above an article about a parrot which plays the drums?

Not that I'm aware of. I'll have to keep an eye out for that.

Just wanted to say how much I like your site.
I attempted something similar years ago - you've done very well!

I'd love to find the time to contribute but I don't have any right now.
However, I will be reading regularly and may send something in the future.

Mike.

Quote: James Salisbury @ 17th March 2014, 8:00 PM GMT

Are you above an article about a parrot which plays the drums?

Isn't everyone? :S

Dear Skoob,
That's fantastic! I visited your website and it's got a load of stuff. However, are you open to podcasts as well and explicit ones with some coarse lingo? My partner and I run the only all-female English sitcom chat podcast from Asia and we have about three thousand odd downloads so far. We're still 8 months old but we definitely do need to keep sharpening our knives here in comedy land and would be eternally grateful to anyone who can help support our hard work and passion because Asian females are hardly coming out of the woodwork here in Asia to put themselves out there and to break to an international market. We have faith! :D

We'll have a look - we're busy right now looking at presentation for audio and video. Contact us. And thanks for your interest.

Quote: Tomboy Tarts @ 4th April 2014, 5:50 AM BST

Dear Skoob,
That's fantastic! I visited your website and it's got a load of stuff. However, are you open to podcasts as well and explicit ones with some coarse lingo? My partner and I run the only all-female English sitcom chat podcast from Asia and we have about three thousand odd downloads so far. We're still 8 months old but we definitely do need to keep sharpening our knives here in comedy land and would be eternally grateful to anyone who can help support our hard work and passion because Asian females are hardly coming out of the woodwork here in Asia to put themselves out there and to break to an international market. We have faith! :D

3000 odd downloads? Maybe focus down to one or two.

Why are the film makers fully formed and the writers budding? Just because the former have bought cameras? I bought a notebook.

Anything good in it?

Meanwhile writers are not referred to as budding in the title, although that is the implied meaning I think, but it is the film makers that are specially so appelated

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 11th April 2014, 8:23 AM BST

Why are the film makers fully formed and the writers budding?

You've misread it.

I was sure it was the other way round. Paranoia.

Think things through Paul! ;)