Status report Page 5,598

Quote: keewik @ 8th April 2014, 9:53 PM BST

Hannah unless your boyfriend's grandfather would be about a hundred years old, I doubt if it would be normal for him to sing 'I'm forever blowing bubbles'. Grandfathers nowadays are approaching the Beetles era. So it was a pretty unusual 'guess'. I've an open mind. In my youth I was into fortune tellers. There was a teacupreading woman who was bloody good. She made predictions, unusual ones, that did indeed come true. Unfortunately this was pre-lottery days or she might have been even more help.

Yes, obviously he knows more about all that than me but he was shocked and couldn't think how to explain it. It didn't change his mind though... or I think that might just be what he told me because he will not want to admit he might be wrong...

Again no link, but read the article. It has a lot more to do with 2 things

1 England's ridiculous libel laws
2 The Daily Mail makes 10s of millions a year so they're more than happy to pay the penalty for a dodgy article.

The Singh article came afterwards and he's not the first one to prove her full of shit.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 8th April 2014, 8:45 PM BST

:D

Though there are many types of psychopathic behaviour. My apparent lack of empathy might lead people to believe I have similar characteristics, but they'd be wrong. I am capable of great empathy, I just don't gush it around like a busted fire hydrant every time the media tells me to.

Most psychopaths are difficult to detect because they're usually excellent at weaving webs of deceit to throw you off the scent.

There's a lot of psychiatric conditions that can be said about.
It's the ability to imitate normative behaviour, but without enjoying or benefiting from it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stephen-graham-jones-/20-best-books-of-the-90s_b_5110765.html?utm_hp_ref=books

I read most of these, how interesting I kinda thought I was reading a lot of good books in the 1990s

Do psychics say 'Spoiler Alert' before they start a reading?

Sorry Lofty, Sally Morgan = utter, utter bullshit.

She's in Wolves next month, tempted to go for the laugh.

International psychic and star of hit TV show Psychic Sally: On The Road, Sally Morgan returns with her phenomenal interactive stage show. An ordinary woman with an extraordinary gift, Sally has dedicated her life to exploring the work of spirit and her live show aims to give validation that our loved ones still exist.

The show is not about a belief system; it is simply about trusting spirit and identifying the signs that are all around us. Thousands of people have been drawn to Sally's vivacious personality, which gives the show a relaxed and uplifting feel. Her ability to pass on messages from spirit with incredible accuracy leaves audiences completely astounded. Her work with high-profile celebrities and royalty earned her the name "psychic to the stars", most notably reading for the inspirational Princess Diana. Don't miss this opportunity to see a world-renowned psychic in action! Sally Morgan is investigational and the show is for the purpose of entertainment.

Wonder why she needs that last line?

Has a job for September! Scary.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ 9th April 2014, 4:10 PM BST

Has a job for September! Scary.

Congratulations!

Congrats as a teacher/

Ta! Very scared!

Hurray!

Quote: sootyj @ 5th April 2014, 1:28 PM BST

The Pentonville Rubber shop is awesome. It's like something out of Minder, this dodgy warehouse where you buy what ever foam padding you want for a mattress and they stuff it in a case.
It's where I got my awesome foldup half 'n half mattress.

It's many many years since I last visited there, but I do need some new foam for my bench seats.

Well its not changed much, we should have our next meet up there

Particularly with my piles.