Red Planet: April Fool's Day. Page 2

Quote: sootyj @ 4th April 2014, 7:13 PM BST

Repeat until you die or succeed.

That should be a writer's mantra :)

Just skype typing a client, referred to me as thrustworthy.

thank f**k we're on different continents

Quote: sootyj @ 4th April 2014, 7:13 PM BST

You really can't get wound up about these things, there's so much competition it comes down to luck.
Not knocking Red Planet, but for all you know the next Douglas Adams is entering it.
Just get your script as good as you can, then send it out.
Then start over.
Repeat until you die or succeed.

What winds me up is people not fulfilling their commitments. They don't have to create a competition but once they do they should honour what they have promised. Whether I've sent an entry or not, whether I win it or not, is totally irrelevant.

It's not about me, it's about them. It's not about writers, it's about those who toy with them.

I found this on another writer's forum.
The shortlisted 10. (link takes you to the online verson of he Talent Circle newsletter) http://mad.ly/07c894?o=tm

If you prefer not to click on links, this is what it says:

THE FINAL 10 IN THE SCRIPT COMPETITION ARE...!

Apologies for the wait and going over the April 1st announcement date. The Judges are all on locations and have been reading the scripts as fast as they can in between paying their bills so it was out of our control here at TC Towers. However the final 10 writers have been selected and one lucky one will have their script made into a short film

The Names are ...

DARREN RAPIER

ROBERT C MILNER

JOSEPH LIDSTER

STEVEN QUANTICK

MIRIAM COOKE

GIDEON RAEBURN

JULIAN WILLIAMS

RICHARD DUDDY

RICHARD DUNFORD

MARTIN MCNAMARA

CONGRATULATIONS!

Until the judges can cast their final vote on the winner we shall have to wait a little longer...

Anybody from the BCG?

Only just seen this. Can't recognise any BCG names, but recognise the name 'Joseph Lidster' - He's already TV and Radio writer.

That sounds like a criticism, ha. I quite like that people already in TV are still getting involved in these sort of writing schemes/comps, perhaps it's through habit. I feel that if I ever were to be successful, it'd be good to write for these script and short story comps, time permitting.