Free English learning podcast needs free material

I'm looking for stories/radio plays for a free English learning podcast (http://hearenglishhere.blogspot.fr/) that I, well, cast! This is not a profit making venture, just for fun, and I can't pay you. I want to release one podcast a month and I just don't produce material quickly enough, so I was wondering if anyone here wanted to submit anything and get a bit of exposure.

I started the blog/podcast a while back with a few stories I wrote when I got a bit of inspiration. The idea was to provide free listening materials for intermediate/advanced level learners of English - just a very slow audio and a transcript, of simple, original material that was interesting or funny. The reason was because I had to learn French recently and found French audio clips hard to find and I was grateful when I came across them, and I wanted to give something back and found there wasn't that much around in English either.

I found immediate and exponential success. According to my blog stats, which I won't pretend to understand, I have had 144,000 downloads so far of 32 posts. Most posts get around 2,000 downloads, at it's peak, the most popular post was downloaded 29,000 times. I presume if I posted regularly I'd regularly have thousands of listeners. However, because I don't post regularly enough due to other commitments (and I don't have the writing bug, I just need to scratch an itch sometimes), the number of subscribers/downloads vaccilates and can't maintain my listener base. I don't think this is fair to my subscribers, and means I lose incentive.

So, I need your material, so that we can release a monthly podcast.

I try to make my stories/plays original and humourous (I don't expect high caliber - mine certainly aren't), with simple (but not patronising) language and to last about 5 minutes when read out slowly (which is patronising). I will, however, consider anything. Ideally you'd send me completed mp3s, but otherwise I can act the screenplay out myself, really badly.

Thanks

Leo (would-be editor of Hear English)

144,000that's pretty good.

I'd like some of that, if I send you blogs and articles can I keep my website address on them?

Thanks Joel

Quote: sootyj @ 3rd April 2014, 11:19 PM BST

144,000that's pretty good.

I'd like some of that, if I send you blogs and articles can I keep my website address on them?

Thanks Joel

Of course, you can link to your own stuff and I'm not interested in your IP rights or anything.

I'm very popular in China...

So are public executions.

Kidding I'll send you some stuff thanks.

Is there a deadline, or is this an ongoing opportunity?

Quote: groovydude89 @ 4th April 2014, 2:33 PM BST

Is there a deadline, or is this an ongoing opportunity?

The project isn't big enough to warrant deadlines. Maybe if it grows I can start acting like a proper editor, but not yet.