Newsjack - Series 10 Page 35

First time Newsjack rejection! *whimper*

Well done those who were successful, I have really enjoyed reading this thread.

A Newsjack rejection???? Who'd have thought it?

I still haven't brought myself to sub to the new show.

There's at least 2 or 3 interview sketches per show it seems now

In all fairness in the earlier days of Justin Edwards and Miles Jupp they usually had a couple of interview sketches per episode

Just finished my 2 sketches. Going to let them stew over night before sending them in tomorrow. I've tried extra hard this week because I've got tickets to the recording on Wednesday. :)

I've just sent them off - I did think of a few tweaks over night and on my way to work this morning... on to the one-liners! :)

I've settled into a nice rhythm this series, writing my two sketches on a Sunday and all my one-liners on the Monday night.

If only they could be as consistent in actually using the stuff.

Quote: notjosh @ 31st March 2014, 9:50 AM BST

I've settled into a nice rhythm this series, writing my two sketches on a Sunday and all my one-liners on the Monday night.

If only they could be as consistent in actually using the stuff.

I have to say that Newsjack have been extremely consistent with me - in that that they have consistently not used any of it :D

Two sketches sent with ten minutes to go - I, um, I sent an Olda Ladies sketch - here's hoping they haven't ditched that idea after the first two episodes.

Got a bitcoin ad sketch off in time and sent a very last minute pope confesses sketch at 12.04 - I hope NJ is forgiving.

I usually write one of my sketches on a Saturday and then the other on a Sunday afternoon. And my one liners get done over the span of the weekend then both get sent off on Sunday afternoon.

But I'm at a wedding next Saturday, so I shall have to cram them both into a Sunday writing session for the final show. Good thing I've got half my one liners done already (the non topical ones.)

Wishing everyone well with your submissions this week.

Just sent in my one-liners - 9 this week, quite pleased with some of them.

Anyone going on Wednesday? I see it's moved from Broadcasting House to the Shaw Theatre - but seems quite easy on the Tube.

I'm still at my keyboard, banging the one-liners out. Luckily, my real work is weather-dependant and it's raining here, or I'd only have four to send in.

I'd love to see the show being recorded, but it's a bit of a trek from Sunderland!

Got mine sent just before the deadline, but some of them could really have used a re-write!

Quote: Bonzo @ 1st April 2014, 9:54 AM BST

Just sent in my one-liners - 9 this week, quite pleased with some of them.

Anyone going on Wednesday? I see it's moved from Broadcasting House to the Shaw Theatre - but seems quite easy on the Tube.

Got tickets but might stay home to tweet the Clegg/Farage part 2, so if anyone wants 2 tickets let me know.

Shaw Theatre is a great venue, I saw Unbelievable Truth recorded there few years back. It's bigger than the RADA studios in any case, although not much between the bars/waiting area...