Newsjack - Series 10 Page 34

I think my gag is a Simon Cowell Breaking news one

Russell Crowe is an actual crow.

just got in. missed the broadcast. any thoughts/reviews?

congrats to all that got in btw!

:P

I haven't listened yet.

I suppose I should stop checking my email now?

Well done everyone who got in.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 27th March 2014, 7:47 PM GMT

I think my gag is a Simon Cowell Breaking news one

The one about his baby's nose? I liked that joke nice one

I thought that was the best of the series so far, certainly in terms of the opening monologue and the sketches- I really enjoyed the MP/family one.

The one liners were the usual mix of the good, the bad and the ugly(I'm sure I've heard the 'Who wants to be a milliner?' one before, either that or I'd 'thought' it before). Am I imagining it, or did the Breaking News section seem a bit more topical than previous episodes?

Just a little note about the script editing...
The script editors (all beautiful people) seem to be alternating each week. This series I've had two things broadcast on the two shows where a certain duo are script editing. I know it's only four weeks in but it got me thinking, does anyone else on the forum feel their work is more acceptable to a particular script editor? And, in cases where the script editors change over the course of the series, have you noticed a different tone in the material chosen from week to week- each script editor brining something different and not just working to a brief? Obviously, I know they all have different opinions on what they think is funny, but to what extent does that change the flavour of the show in terms of non-comm stuff. Not just in Newsjack, but other shows that they've been lucky enough to be involved with.

That was a long one!
Well done to everyone who got on (I didn't), I really enjoyed it.

Seriously? Who wants to be a milliner? Did they really use that or are you just parodying this series of Newsjack?

I'm surprised if they're not Google checking jokes, that one turns up in almost in any newspaper article featuring milliners.

My one-liner was 'World's smallest bigamist at large'.

Quote: Badge @ 28th March 2014, 12:26 PM GMT

Seriously? Who wants to be a milliner? Did they really use that or are you just parodying this series of Newsjack?

Oh, they used it. And over my 'Dr Poo' one, too.

Quote: groovydude89 @ 28th March 2014, 1:25 PM GMT

Booyah!

Quote: groovydude89 @ 28th March 2014, 1:25 PM GMT

I might be being a bit thick, but I didn't get this?

NOT-OK sketch was hilarious - and was both topical and satirical. GP appeal a fairly close second - loved the end with the breeding program.

Only just listened to show 4.

Quote: andysteph81 @ 28th March 2014, 9:32 AM GMT

I thought that was the best of the series so far, certainly in terms of the opening monologue and the sketches- I really enjoyed the MP/family one.

I think that undersells it tbh. It wouldn't have taken much to be best of the series so far, but I thought that this one could happily have stood alongside any past series.

The format/content-mix probably isn't quite perfect, but hell of a lot better. Whether it was just teething troubles or they've (or a.n.other) has suggested a tweak, I think that their in their right direction if they keep this up.

[crosses finger]Hope the producers were happy and don't fall back to somewhere between show 4 and the first 3.[/crosses fingers]

The one liners were the usual mix of the good, the bad and the ugly(I'm sure I've heard the 'Who wants to be a milliner?' one before, either that or I'd 'thought' it before). Am I imagining it, or did the Breaking News section seem a bit more topical than previous episodes?

Certainly a lot more topical - I don't think they'd have had any issues if it had launched like this last show.

Now I just need to get something on it...

Yep agree the last episode was a good one. Whoever came up with the Cold War Reunion sketch gets my hat doffed at them as that was superb. (Anyone on here claim that?)

And definitely felt a lot more topical and news-y this time around. I think I enjoy the one-liners when they're more topical as well.

Congrats to all who got on or got recorded.