Red Planet: April Fool's Day.

On top of the newly announced Red Planet Prize, Tony Jordan and Red Planet have opened another competition, with a non-profit company film4life.
Enter a five minute short film based around April Fool's Day and the winner gets a film made by a crew (from that films4life company) paid for by Red Planet, and screened at a party on April 1st.

Seems good. I'll probably enter it.

http://talentcircle.org/event/talent-circlefilms4lifered-planet-pictures-short-film-script-competition/

Aren't they cutting it a bit fine time-wise, though? Submission deadline: February 28th. Pick ten winners, then one final script to produce in time for a screening on April 1st. I wish I could be that quick!

http://dannystack.com/bbc-writersroom-tv-outline-tips

Did anyone else enter this?

I sent in a comedy-horror script.

I sent a noirish pastiche which I wrote in less than an hour. Doubt they will read beyond page 1.

Bum - I totally forgot about this in all the heat/excitement of TSWYW, 4am and forthcoming NJ.

Good luck those that remembered.

Balls! I also forgot.
I think I had a pretty good idea too.

Please post if you get to the final 10.

Mike.

Has anybody heard which film won this or indeed which 10 were shortlisted?

They are promising the list next tuesday I think.

I wonder how many people get an email telling them they've won then in the next email...

APRIL FOOL..!

Quote: Ponderer @ 27th March 2014, 11:16 AM GMT

They are promising the list next tuesday I think.

I assume that's a joke yes?

This is very disappointing. I didn't expect to win or make the short-list but it is playing with people's hopes and their precious time to organise such a competition and then not meet your commitments.

As I understood it the idea was to have the film done by 1 April. The sort-list would be announced earlier. Bearing in mind April 1st is Tuesday it doesn't look like either of these are going to happen.

Quote: Poirot @ 28th March 2014, 9:00 AM GMT

I assume that's a joke yes?

This is very disappointing. I didn't expect to win or make the short-list but it is playing with people's hopes and their precious time to organise such a competition and then not meet your commitments.

As I understood it the idea was to have the film done by 1 April. The sort-list would be announced earlier. Bearing in mind April 1st is Tuesday it doesn't look like either of these are going to happen.

Not a joke. They had a lot more entries than they expected, and changed the judging deadline to April 1st moving the filming later too (can't remember what date). I seem to remember that appearing in this thread earlier, but it was certainly in the talent circle newsletter around the submission deadline. I just think they had not anticipated the level of interest.

April 1st came.....and April 1st went.

Apparently, word on the street (or rather, some people who signed up to Talent Circle's newsletter) is they are running behind and will announce the finalists today... apparently.

But as today is now technically tonight... *shrugs shoulders*

You really can't get wound up about these things, there's so much competition it comes down to luck.
Not knocking Red Planet, but for all you know the next Douglas Adams is entering it.
Just get your script as good as you can, then send it out.
Then start over.
Repeat until you die or succeed.