Newsjack - Series 10 Page 33

>If they were better script editors, would they be doing this show?

I refuse to answer that question until a report/broadcast tells me if anything of mine was used this week!

Quote: mikemcc @ 24th March 2014, 10:21 AM GMT

Ash,

Have you been invited into the inner circle?
You've been quiet on here and I've noticed you getting credits each week.

Well done, by the way!

Mike.

No I'm not that fancy, I just ask questions when I can. My credits have only been one liners so far, which is good as I rarely get them on, but bad as my sketches are failing to chime with the new folk. I'll probably get the hang of them just as the sodding series ends.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 27th March 2014, 8:43 AM GMT

If they were better script editors, would they be doing this show?

I find the best way to get work on non commissioned shows is to insult the script editors who have to tidy up your work, on a public forum where they can see. Slow clap.

Quote: ash williamson @ 27th March 2014, 12:12 PM GMT

No I'm not that fancy, I just ask questions when I can. My credits have only been one liners so far, which is good as I rarely get them on, but bad as my sketches are failing to chime with the new folk. I'll probably get the hang of them just as the sodding series ends.

Still, getting a lot of hits so very good work.

The format will probably change again next series when Romesh becomes the regular host of something for BBC 3 (on line).

Quote: ash williamson @ 27th March 2014, 12:13 PM GMT

I find the best way to get work on non commissioned shows is to insult the script editors who have to tidy up your work, on a public forum where they can see. Slow clap.

Indeed. It's a very difficult job, script editing. In fact, I think they're doing fantastic work. I hear they are very good looking too? If I met them I'd buy them several pints... each.

Quote: mikemcc @ 27th March 2014, 12:20 PM GMT

Indeed. It's a very difficult job, script editing. In fact, I think they're doing fantastic work. I hear they are very good looking too? If I met them I'd buy them several pints... each.

Careful. If the wind changes your tongue will stay like that.

Quote: ash williamson @ 27th March 2014, 12:13 PM GMT

And it's not like they read these forums, and then tweet referring to things said, making notes of the screen names of who said it. So, just for the sake of ease, it's best using your actual name on these forums, rather than say, a false name

Quote: AndyGilder @ 27th March 2014, 12:28 PM GMT

Careful. If the wind changes your tongue will stay like that.

:D

Just got a mail to say I got something in tonight's show! First hit this series :D

I'm in!

Well done to everyone who got an email.

Congratulations to all who got an email - doubly so if it's the made the broadcast one.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 25th March 2014, 12:58 PM GMT

I'm a bit happier with this weeks 11.59ers

And I'm in
Woo Hooh!

Well done anyone else who got e mails good or bad

Well done everyone. Thought I had a couple of absolute classics, apparently not.

I'm in too woop woop!

Sent 9 one liners, no email :(

'Is your cat a drug dealer?'

Now I feel better.

Congrats to the peeps who got in.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 27th March 2014, 6:22 PM GMT

And I'm in
Woo Hooh!

thats a helluva confident chatup line chief