Rev - Series 3

I am really happy to hear that Series 3 of Rev is on the way shortly. Personally, I have loved both of the previous series so hopefully this new series will be good too.

Anyone else looking forward to the new series?

Absolutely.

The MDMA episode was especially delicious. (Might be some confirmation bias there....)

All of the characters are well drawn, particularly good to see Miles Jupp's resentful underling and the silky, slightly sinister Archdeacon.

Fresh, charming, surprising. A revelation, if you will...

Barn storming, how rare, a fresh, funny and edgy comedy on the BBC

Very funny, love the new Iman.

That's too much comedy.

I had a feeling that this may have run its course, but I may have to iPlayer it.

They refresh the gene pool by sidelining some of the older characters and replacing them with 3 or 4 new exciting and funny ones.

Trust me it's fresh.

That was absolutely brilliant!
I really do LOVE this show. <3

Too many comedies are just silliness now, but this is so well written and enjoyable.

Colin is fab, it really made me laugh when he told the vicar how he'd earned his money Laughing out loud

And the man who keeps coming to the door is funny as well.
Love it.

Quote: Ben @ 24th March 2014, 10:33 PM GMT

I had a feeling that this may have run its course, but I may have to iPlayer it.

It's still very good Ben :)
I thought so any way.

I wouldn't say that a show with just 2 series and 13 episodes (prior to #3.1) had 'run its course'. 13 years and 69 episodes of Are You Being Served? or 10 years and 86 episodes of 'Allo 'Allo! are what I would call shows that ran their course - but not this.

So, is Kayvan Novack still going for that World Record for SitCom guest appearances?

Quote: ScotiaNova @ 25th March 2014, 2:14 AM GMT

So, is Kayvan Novack still going for that World Record for SitCom guest appearances?

Well, he is the go-to guy to portray someone young and Middle Eastern these days.

Quote: Agnostik @ 25th March 2014, 2:34 AM GMT

Well, he is the go-to guy to portray someone young and Middle Eastern these days.

No, it's more than that most of the ones I've seen have nothing to do with ethnicity . . . maybes he's just a funny guy and not just a couple of ticked boxes . . .

Excellent! I really like Rev - can't wait to watch the rest of the series :D

Really enjoyed the first new episode, I had forgotten how good Rev was. Glad to see it back on TV again and it was definitely worth the wait!

He's been getting about recently, eh. Inside No. 9, Uncle, Doctor Who, now Rev.

I really enjoyed it. Mick's babysitting offer scene was quite funny and creepy. "You come home, and she's still alive!" :D

This one is just genius, 3 brilliant story lines how is everything else so weak.

Hugh Bonneville's Roland "you can tell the better pub hotels by how many logs they have in the rooms" was classic: the pretentious, self important prick!