My Family - Missing Episodes

According to Wikipedia (I know, I know!), concerning Series 8 from 2008:

"Two episodes from the series ("One Step Too Far" and "King For A Day") remain unaired, as due to their poor outcome, cast members Robert Lindsay and Zoë Wanamaker requested they were not broadcast."

Very interesting. Anyone know anything more about this? Perhaps someone happened to be at one of the recordings?

I've heard in the past that the actors asked for scripts to be rewritten due to them being too weak but I haven't heard about recorded shows being unaired.

Why stop at just two episodes? Lindsay is pretty famous for being in great material. Wot the f**k happened with his judgment here? (Money maybe?) A series or two he could probably have got away with but not 11 or whatever it was. >_<

The footnote on the Wikipedia page links back to a list of TV production companies on this site. I find it hard to believe they'd can two filmed episodes based on the actors opinions.

Quote: MTpromises @ 22nd March 2014, 6:30 PM GMT

The footnote on the Wikipedia page links back to a list of TV production companies on this site. I find it hard to believe they'd can two filmed episodes based on the actors opinions.

I find it unlikely too. Unless the BBC were trying to keep the good side of them both.