Newsjack - Series 10 Page 28

it certainly felt shorter last night. fewer retakes as well.
The last two weeks I've been home by 10pm to watch Dave Gorman Modern Life is Goodish ( is there a tread for this?)

you have to take into account, at the RADA studios the stage is a lot closer to the bar.
and the BBC probably pay RADA by the hour!

The BBC really are running scared of anything that resembles political satire at the moment. Listening to Newsjack now as opposed to say two or three years ago it feels like someone has cut its balls off and turned it into yet another "comedy vehicle".

Either take it back to how it used to be, or scrap it. Other than Romesh and Morgana, the current format is serving no one.

Just how groany are we talking for the one liners? I did one about the Sumatran tiger triplets that I thought was good, but when I was emailing it through the "Send" button groaned. :(

The George Osborne Stadium Tour is mine. Thanks Radiogagger for remembering it.
Got a recorded but cut last week, hoping to make the final edit this week.

My TV listings were very 'groany', but I think most are.

I went last night and enjoyed it. There were 2 one liners that got groans can't remember what they were though. They reworded a one liner of mine that didn't get a huge laugh so probably will be cut. I thought Morgana's Fern Cotton was amazing and Lewis as Gandalf superb.

I always feel strangely happy when I write a groaner. Don't know if that makes me a sadist or not.

Was there anything on Nigel Farage/UKIP this week?

Looks like the emails are out, good luck everyone!

Nailed it! First-time credit for me.

As radiogagger didn't mention either of my sketches (Paris smog/Rubik's cube?) then it must be one of these groany one-liners everyone's talking about.

Nope - it's your Rubik's Cube sketch. Congrats! I just got the email too so my one-liner made it on. Quite happy about that, more happy about that sweet, sweet £20 heading my way.

Quote: notjosh @ 20th March 2014, 4:30 PM GMT

Nailed it! First-time credit for me.

Congrats notjosh!

Quote: jabashe @ 20th March 2014, 4:46 PM GMT

Nope - it's your Rubik's Cube sketch. Congrats! I just got the email too so my one-liner made it on. Quite happy about that, more happy about that sweet, sweet £20 heading my way.

Oh, so I guess it's the teen app millionaire sketch referred to above? If so they've rewritten it a bit (or combined with another one), the cheeky blighters. Congrats on your one-liner.

Cheers Hennell!

Congrats notjosh and jabashe. (And potentially Richard and quill as well?)

Nothing here alas!

Well done to everyone who made it.

And to my fellow commiserants (if that's even a word), remember: it's tough out there.