Edge Of Heaven

Had to do a survey of the pilot a few days ago, very funny, some great characters, looking forward to the series.

Just viewed the second episode of this.

So far so good, very funny with a good mix of characters.

David do you know when it is on air?

Not a clue, but looking forward to it.

I'm looking forward to this too, it looks very promising and seems to have a decent cast. Hopefully it will be good!

Teary Looks like one to avoid for me. ITV after their own Gavin & Stacey maybe? Please no.

It... Ain't bad. A few funny moments, and bearable.

Can't say I was all that keen on the first episode so probably will give the rest of the series a miss. A shame as I was expecting bigger things from this.

Made me feel better about some of the scripts I've written and got saved on a memory stick somewhere.

Not for me either, some good actors thrown together but the content was bland.

this felt shallow and not that funny for the most part for saying that its nearly an hour long minus ad breaks. I will stick with it for a few more episodes. did anyone else sink when they saw the the cheapest and worst opening titles. iam sure this will flop. blake harrison is a curse recently.just look at axed shows way to go and big bad world,partly funny but no hits .its not his fault just like edge of heaven they got good casts and weak scripts. not many actors get more than 2 hit sitcoms in there lifes .it just looks like he is still searching since playing neil. the way forward now is to write and star in your owns show if possible. man down and drifters have been proof of that last year.

Despite the invective from some critics and Twitter obsessives, this is not a bad show at all. It's enjoyable, give or take the odd downer such as stereotypical gay characters. But it has likeable characters, some witty lines and makes Margate look exotic! Compare this to the lameness of Miranda, Mrs Brown's Boys and even My Family which miraculously lasted for 11 years - Edge of Heaven looks like an Emmy Winner. If anyone knows the writer let him know he's not done a bad job at all and just hope he has the hyde of a crocodile to get over the unfair attacks.

It's the fact that programmes like this get made that induces the self-doubt I have regarding ever becoming a comedy writer.

Robert Evans obviously has talent else the project wouldn't have been commissioned, surely?
Okay, he has previous credits but I wouldn't have imagined he is someone who would get the cheque books flying open without there being a genuine feel that the original work was worth producing.

However, it really does confirm how subjective comedy is.

A good cast does not a good comedy make.

I am loving this, it is a fantastic show on telly on a Friday.

I really like it, it's not the best thing on TV but it's watchable, has funny moments and location looks good.

I wish they would give it a second series but seems pretty unlikely unless ratings go up drastically.