Coming Soon: An A-Z of On The Buses Page 2

Quote: Craig @ 2nd March 2014, 11:27 AM GMT

It should be available on paperback (large-sized) about size of The Guinness Hit Singles Book or bigger, in the next few days.

Oh right, thank you. Will it be available from WHSmith or Water stones or will I have to order from Amazon?

Well Amazon will probably be the first to have it in to order but it should be available in Waterstones, WH Smith and all other leading bookstores in the coming weeks. Hope that helps.

Who mentioned the works? Yes the No.11 did go to the Cemetery Gates.

Quote: Craig @ 2nd March 2014, 3:02 PM GMT

Well Amazon will probably be the first to have it in to order but it should be available in Waterstones, WH Smith and all other leading bookstores in the coming weeks. Hope that helps.

Yes thank you very much, Craig. I will be purchasing :)

Quote: Craig @ 1st December 2013, 7:19 PM GMT

A shame you don't understand the long lasting quality factor. More than 40 years after it first aired it is still deemed worthy of repeats due to high viewing figures. It still gains a new generation of fans and has fan clubs based in all four corners of the world from Australia to Canada and Scandinavia to South Africa.

And it captured the laughable industrial relations of the period so well, and was sending both sides up. Only Rag Trade equals it for this in sitcoms although nothing matches I'm Alright Jack. People forget or just don't know how things were at work then, pretty much Them v Us and power mad types on both sides going too far. Great source of comedy. For me it way overdid the domestic scenes, it clogged the flow of it horribly.

For your information Tim I have another book that was released over four years ago and it is still retailing at Watersones,WH Smith et al with over 5,000 copies now sold.

I love the way the sig went with that post a little bit. ;)

(Congrats on the book by the way!)

Thank you zoo. Sig is just coincidence as that has always been there.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 2nd March 2014, 7:37 PM GMT

And it captured the laughable industrial relations of the period so well, and was sending both sides up. Only Rag Trade equals it for this in sitcoms although nothing matches I'm Alright Jack. People forget or just don't know how things were at work then, pretty much Them v Us and power mad types on both sides going too far. Great source of comedy. For me it way overdid the domestic scenes, it clogged the flow of it horribly.

I would disagree about the domestic scenes - they were essential to integrate wonderful characters such as Olive, Arthur and mum into the episodes and it worked just great for me.

A question Tim? Why are you posting here? If you are here to belittle my achievements then why? I don't see what I have done to you to merit such mockery. Other posters have used this thread in the correct manner in asking for info or wishing me well yet you are here mocking. Why?

Tim, play nicely. Your dry/sarcastic humour is clearly not appreciated here. Let's move on. :)

Quote: Tim Azure @ 3rd March 2014, 7:08 PM GMT

Surely mockery should be the default position? Were you expecting abuse or something?

(I certainly would if I wrote this book.)

Yes, because you've written a great intellectual tome...

Well being a fellow forum member I was expecting best wishes and such-like and as you haven't read the book I cannot see how you can judge it.

Granted - you hate On The Buses but don't let that cloud your view eh?

And where exactly have I gone on about things? Am I spamming the forum in numerous threads? No. I am posting about it on a thread created to discuss it. And replying to questions from people about it. Where exactly have I been blowing my own trumpet except when defending my position when ridiculed by yourself.