List of companies to send scripts to

I've seen this recommended in another thread, do you think it's possible for people to post up production companies that accept unsolicited sitcom scripts?

I'll start:

Baby Cow Productions Limited
77 Oxford Street
London
W1D 2ES
john@babycow.co.uk

Good Idea, Sir. I've pinned it in the forum.

Can we only use this thread to put addresses / contact name and numbers / emails / of companies or producers. Perhaps adding whether they accept email subs / postal subs. Don't use it as a general discussion or else we'll have to trawl pages - defeating the object.

http://dannystack.blogspot.com/2006/11/unsolicited-material-welcome.html

Most of them are film companies so you may have to go through them.

This is a great thread. If we can build up a list of companies that accept un-solicited material (along with any submission notes) I'll publish the list on our site.

(UPDATE: We have started work on a production company list here but it is currently incomplete, is missing contact details and makes no mention of which of the companies accept material - it will be finished properly by Jan 2011)

These have been mentioned before on this forum, but worth mentioning again:

Celador accepts radio submissions:

Liz Anstee,
Head Of Radio,
Celador Productions Ltd,
39 Long Acre
London WC2E 9LG

Also check out The Comedy Unit in Scotland, they take both TV and radio submissions. You can email them, or send by post:

The Comedy Unit
Glasgow Media Park
Craigmont Street
Glasgow G20 9BT

www.comedyunit.co.uk

Do they have to have a Scottish bent? Like with BBC Wales?

Dont think so Zooo, I got quite far with them with one script a while back and nothing was ever mentioned about trying to up the Scottishness!

Although it doesn't have to have a Scottish bent, I wouldn't send The Comedy Unit anything that was specifically about another part of the country. For example, I doubt they'd be that interested in developing a sitcom about Cornish fishermen or a Yorkshire whippet breeder.

On a completely different subject, does anybody know of any production companies outside the UK which accept scripts?

Im doing well with 'The Comedy Unit' at the moment. My script has passed level one, the reception desk! Past *Level Two* The Script Supervisor! Now Iv reached *Level 3* The Script Editor! Im worrying cos i know next comes the end of level boss than can only be hurt if you attack his flashing red parts !!
Tiger aspect showed an intrest though they were concerend about copyright, so im pushing my pdf agent on that. Also Objective productions have shown an intrest and forwarded it to theyre script supervisor. Of note 'The Comedy Unit's' script supervisor gave no negative feedback, and my script is not based in Scotland !!
good luck ! oh yeah and wish it on me too!
p.S. john@babycow.com is another good unsolicited script option though I imagine they get alot, havent heard from themn yet.

Yeah I am a little curious to production companies outside the UK, I have "heard" from people here and there that it can sometimes be easier to get your stuff on the radio/TV than in England... possibly because they think "my goodness a funny Englishmen we must have it!" I'm not 100% sure but that’s what I've heard.

I was looking at the Channel Four requirements somewhere on here and it stated that scripts should be 30 pages long. How many minutes is a Channel 4 sitcom script? 22, 24? 30 pages sounds more like an American sitcom script.

The script that I've sent to Marc Blake is around 45 pages (thats with double spacing) and when I read through it it roughly ends up around 30 minutes maybe a little less even.

Freemantle Media's website displays this as there address, but it says it's for general enquires:

FremantleMedia Ltd
1 Stephen Street
London
W1T 1AL

I don't know if they accept unsolicited scripts. Does anyone here know?

Query them and ask.

Quote: earman2009 @ April 15, 2007, 2:39 PM

Freemantle Media's website displays this as there address, but it says it's for general enquires:

FremantleMedia Ltd
1 Stephen Street
London
W1T 1AL

I don't know if they accept unsolicited scripts. Does anyone here know?

Fremantle are a distribution company. They don't really produce comedy as such but small independents come to them to get their stuff distributed. For instance, Talkback Thames and Baby Cow work closely with them as they don't have the clout (or cash!) to make an impression, particularly worldwide. As such, I think it's a bit redundant sending your scripts there. But you can try!

Dan