Outnumbered - Series 5 Page 3

OH!

Phew, thank you!

So far I prefer the earlier series but it's still good and I'll definitely be watching it all.

The 2012 Christmas special with guest appearances by the likes of Mark Heap and Sanjeev Bhaskar really showed how much the show is shifting the focus away from the kids and more onto the adults and by getting those 2 seasoned comedy performers/comedians involved the programme was starting to turn into something else...and I must admit I was loving all the party scenes with just the adults..so much so that the rapidly growing and maturing Brockman kids seemed to be killing the buzz of the unfolding events of the episode and they felt crowbarred in and redundant to the proceedings.

Actually, I can imagine this show being like Andy Hamilton's Bedtime - https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/bedtime/ - where it would consist of just Pete and Sue talking about what their kids get up to (possibly in the same single room).

I really love this series. Very funny and an excellent episode last night.

I just don't find it funny any more - it's just morphed into another bog standard family with teenagers sitcom. This is a pity because I expected more of Andy Hamilton.

I still think is a fine show even if it is not quite as special as it was in earlier series. The writing is still strong and it has coped with the growing up of the kids better than most shows would. Let's face it, most shows just completely ignore the aging process which can lead to 50 year olds acting like 20 year olds.

This was fantastic tonight it really made me laugh!
I don't see why they can't make more series it's still as good as it always was. My dad used to be exactly like that about the lights :D

I still think it's great (Andy Hamilton and Guy Jenkin can do no wrong) - even if you didn't like anything else in last night's episode, the werewolf joke was worth the whole half hour. I still laugh every time I think of it.

I'm enjoying the current series of Outnumbered, I've been watching it on BBC iPlayer in HD as I forgot it was back on!

You know when you get a new puppy for Christmas and everyone loves it because it's so cute and fluffy and adorable? And then a couple of years go by, the puppy grows up into a big massive dog and nobody likes it anymore. They tie it to a post in the back garden, starve and beat it until the RSPCA comes along and takes it away to be euthanized.

At least when Americans make kid based sitcoms such as Different Strokes or Webster, they find someone with a debilitating disease or a syndrome so they'll look young forever.

Quote: Nick @ 7th February 2014, 9:57 PM GMT

50 year olds acting like 20 year olds.

I think the converse is also true, whenever I see Ben now, I keep thinking - 'What's that gravelly voiced bloke doing dressed up in school uniform? He should be down Milwall dishing out the smacks.'

Yes - now the kids are older it's lost its appeal. NO! I'm not a paedo!!!

The whole fun thing was the kids were young and they did things naturally.

As someone else said above it's just like My Family now.

I guess this is the last series? It feels it going by the storylines of the kids moving on. A lovely, witty, life affirming show but perhaps now time to say goodbye. The kids are no longer cute!

Really loved this series so far its a shame it is the last series, like the BBC have axed this sitcom they did the same with Shooting Stars another great show the bastards.

Exellent series this year's, and a great end to the series.